• Chapter 44 •

~ 6 months later ~

"Girl how is y'all even fucking?" Mykyla scrunched up her face.

I rolled my neck. "You just all the way in our business. Just know, we get busy."

"So, how you gone tell him." Amber asked. "Ouu, let me throw a little party. After his opening of course."

I shook my head. "I don't wanna stress him out with this and with the opening."

"I don't think he gone be stressed about you having a baby. That's all he talk about." Mykyla sat down.

Amber nodded."Right. He been tryna fill this house up."

"I know then his birthday in 2 days."

"He ain't say nothing about no birthday." Amber stated.

"He don't like it. But I wanna do something different so." I shrugged.

"Mykyla, come try on these shoes." Money yelled from downstairs.

She got all cheesy up. "Well, imma see y'all in a minute." And she went downstairs.

"Okay, so what exactly do you want to do for his birthday?" Amber asked me.

"I think I'm gone do a little dinner and then tell him that I'm pregnant."

"Awe. That sound cute already. You cooking?"

"Hell nah. I'm sitting down all weekend."

"Babyyyyyy." I heard from up the other flight of stairs.

"Yes Mere."

"Come help me please."

I got up. "Meet you downstairs."

"Alright girly."

I walked into the room. "What you need help with?"

"I don't know what shirt to wear tomorrow."

"How bout we figure that out tomorrow. Don't stress it boo."

"I'm not. I just want everything right." He sat down on the bed.

I sat on the bed and placed his head on my legs. "That sound stressful."

"It is." He closed his eyes.

I jumped up right quick. "Ha. I knew you was stressed." I grabbed his face. "Don't be. Everything will be fine. Especially since I'm here."

"I do wanna thank you doe."

"Fa what?" I asked genuinely.

"Being there for me. After everything. Therapy wasn't easy and I was always mad but you still stayed. Even after I told you about dukes."

"I mean, I'm still a little mad at you about that but of course I'll be here for you. If you had Benjamin Button syndrome, I would still be here."

He started hollering. "Even if I get stepped on?"

"Even if you get stepped on." I gave him a little peak. "Alright, well I gotta go pick up the guys. You coming?"

"Nah. I'll see them niggas in a minute."

"Alright, forget you too." I through him a bird, grabbed my keys and walked downstairs.

"Doesssssss anybody wanna tag along with me?"

"Where you going?" Amber asked.

"I'm bouta go pick up the guyssssss."

"Me and James bouta go on a date."