one-shot [m] 💫

pairing: junmyeon x you genre: smut 🔞-warning: everything - 🔞

⊹⊱ Q: play any video games?
⊹⊱ A: I play a game called Free Fire with my boyfriend.

You're just finishing dinner, when his first text arrives.

J: I'm sorry I had to work late, baby. [7:14 PM]

Reading the message, you blatantly ignore it. Flipping your hair once before turning around, you return to your conversation with Sehun. You manage to exchange only a few words though, before the phone at your side is buzzing again.

J: Ah, are you ignoring me? [7:16 PM]

Unable to stop yourself, you look slowly across the room. Junmyeon is staring back at you, right leg crossed over his left on the couch. You both are attending the same dinner party, though Junmyeon was supposed to meet you at the apartment to walk over together. He texted you at last minute stating he'd be late, but this meant you had to find your way to Sehun's alone. You've never been here before, having only met Sehun once prior to tonight.

Not that this is a problem. You're a strong, self-sufficient person and can find your own way. But damn, if you don't hate going to social functions by yourself. Especially when it's not your friend. Junmyeon is right, you're ignoring him currently - though you won't admit to him as much. Lifting a hand, you maintain eye contact while sullenly typing back.

Y/N: No. [7:18 PM]

Junmyeon just smiles, lip curling while his fingers move.

J: Oh? [7:19 PM]

Then he's typing more, bending his head so dark hair falls into his eyes.

J: Babe, I'm sorry. Believe me, I'd much rather have been at home watching you change than at work, sending a bunch of emails to Mike [7:20 PM]

Y/N: who's Mike? [7:21 PM]

J: a man who hates my love for you, and wants to keep us apart [7:22 PM]

You snort, looking up to see Junmyeon continuing to stare at you from the couch.

J: let me make it up to you [ 7:23 PM]

You pause, allowing your fingers to rest on the keys.

Y/N: oh? How so? [7:24 PM]

Sehun then turns, smiling genially in your direction. He's a lawyer or a judge, something that involves the law - Junmyeon knows him from work, having consulted on a few legal cases for his firm. You've talked with him once or twice, but never in such prolonged conversation. Sehun is nice and he's interesting, but it's hard to concentrate with Junmyeon's eyes boring into you from across the room. Your phone vibrates again, but you don't pull it out of your pocket to check.

"What line of work are you in, Y/N?" Sehun asks, sipping delicately from his wine.

"Oh, you know," you shrug, adjusting your dress. "I'm a consultant, mergers and acquisitions. That's how I met Junmyeon, actually."

"Oh?" Sehun asks, looking over your shoulder. "You two met through work? That must have been interesting," he laughs, head thrown back. "I've seen Junmyeon at work, and it's pretty much the opposite of romantic."

"This is true," you admit, attempting to hide your smile.

The way you met wasn't romantic, not in the traditional sense of the word. Junmyeon stared at you heatedly, the entirety of the meeting and for the first sixty minutes you knew him, you thought that he hated you. Or maybe that you had something on your face, but a quick trip to the bathroom proved otherwise. You're loud though, the kind of person who always speaks their mind - even when said opinions are wildly unpopular - and it made you think Junmyeon was angry. In your experience, the men you worked with typically ended up disliking you.