one- shot 💫

Pairing: Chanyeol X You
Genre: fluff

There were times when you were forced to do your homework in the library. It's a peaceful place to hear yourself think, to work harder than you're used to and to calm your mind for a while. The books around you will keep you more motivated, you'll get higher grades, the quiet atmosphere will be an extra vitamin for your brain and there won't be anyone who will disturb you.

That's how people tried to convince you, though.

You're sitting at a table with two noisy guys who were disturbing you since the moment you arrived here. You take a zip of your cold coffee while trying to concentrate on that one mathematical problem you've been struggling with for half an hour already. You have tried so many possibilities, you have written so many things, you've put so many effort in it, but it was basically for nothing.

"Don't stare at her," you hear Chanyeol whisper to your best friend, Junmyeon.

Junmyeon looks up at him for a few seconds before he puts his chin on his loosely folded arms again. He shrugs his shoulders and smiles, "Why don't you keep quiet? Your girlfriend will get mad at you again."

Chanyeol didn't say anything for about ten seconds, and you thought you were finally able to solve the mathematical problem, until he stood up with a groan. "Pack your school bag. We're going to my house." He walks up to you and starts to put your supplies together without saying anything. You look at him with disbelief. What does he think he's doing?

"Wait," Junmyeon stands up, grabs your hand and pulls you closer to him, "she isn't going anywhere!"

Chanyeol looks at Junmyeon's hand that was holding your own hand. You noticed it, so you immediately free your hand and take a small step away from Junmyeon.

It's quiet again. They're just awkwardly staring at each other now and you didn't know what to do. You were annoyed by both of them, but if you say something about it the situation will definitely get worse.

You saw Chanyeol packing his own bag all of a sudden. "Have fun." He simply says while looking at you before he grabs his bag and leaves the library to go home.

What just happened? He didn't try to defend himself this time and he didn't raise his voice either. But you noticed the sadness he reflected in his eyes. Was he really sad? Or just frustrated? Why is he acting like that anyways?

You have so many questions in your head and you want to know the answers right now. You felt someone grabbing your hand again to stop you from going after your boyfriend, "Stay with me." Junmyeon looks at his own feet before he looks into your eyes, "I want you to stay with me."

You were rushing your way towards your supplies. "Don't act like that. It's creeping me out." you abruptly said, let go of his hand to grab your school bag he had put on his own chair and ran to the door to go after Chanyeol.

Junmyeon slowly watched you dissappear out of sight and made sure you were gone. He then slams his fist on the table all of a sudden, which caused the people in the library to stare at him with a judging look in their eyes, but he couldn't care less.

He was almost there. He almost got you, but you just rejected him. You rejected him without knowing it. What does Chanyeol have that he doesn't have? Why did it end up like this? Junmyeon grabs his bag, closes the door with a loud bang and leaves the library with an angry look.

----

You were out of breath, but that didn't matter. Just a few meters and you're at Chanyeol's house.

Chanyeol heard a knock on the door and sighed. He's totally not ready for his friends to burden his privacy or his mother asking him to bring her to the mall, since he's the only one in the family with a driver's license.

He's just laying down on his bed, not even making a move to open the door. The knocks got louder and he heard someone familiar yelling his name. "Chanyeol! I know you're in there, don't be such a kid and open the door!"

Chanyeol opened his eyes and was surprised to hear your voice. He didn't expect you to be here. He flashed a small smile and went downstairs to open the door for you. "H-Hey, I'm sorry fo-"

You didn't let him finish his sentence and hugged him strongly, which caused him to take a few steps backwards. "Idiot," you said against his chest, "Don't leave like that again."

Chanyeol enjoyed your hug for a while until he realized the reason why you were here. He held onto your shoulders and distanced from you. "Why does he keep touching you?"

You opened your mouth to say something, but he started to talk again. "The past few weeks were the worst. It was as if the only word you knew was Junmyeon," he walks towards you and you were scared to look at his angry looking face, "Junmyeon this, Junmyeon that. What about me?"

So this is why he looked upset every time you told him you were going somewhere with Junmyeon. But you're just friends, though; that's all. There's nothing going on between you two.

He sloppily sits on the stairs as he ruffles his messy hair. "If I said something bad about it, you would've dumped me. That's why I kept quiet for two years. And you know why I did that?" he slowly raises his head to look up at you, "Because I don't want to lose you."

He stands up and walks towards you to hold your hands, "I can't live without you, _____. I'd rather have no friends or no money, as long as I have you," Chanyeol smiles.

You feel him softly squeeze your hands, "I really love you, can't you tell?" Chanyeol lets out a chuckle, "You're the only one who makes me smile, even if I don't want to."

You didn't know how to respond, it made you speechless. You were staring at the floor instead, because you didn't want him to see your pink colored, burning cheeks.

"_____," he softly whispered, "look at me."

You were still staring at the floor, but eventually gave in to stare into his sincere eyes. Before you knew it, his lips were on yours to share a passionate kiss between you two while he was still holding your hands. He intertwined his fingers with yours as he deepened the kiss.

Chanyeol finally pulled away and stared at you with parted lips, "It's been a long time since we last kissed." You nodded and he came closer to you to give you a hug, "Let's stay like this for a while." You could feel Chanyeol smile against your shoulder and you wrapped your arms tighter around his waist as a response.

This day couldn't get any better.