one-shot 💫

pairing: chanyeol × you

Going to a Halloween themed amusement park was very much Chanyeol’s idea

You didn’t want to ruin his good spirits, so you pretended to be just as excited for hours filled with people dressed up as your worst nightmares, taking every opportunity to scare the living shit out of you.

Yeah, so much fun.

The apprehension built in you the closer you got to the amusement park, the eerie music playing through the speakers as you went up to buy your tickets a foreboding warning of what the night was to bring. You had arrived when the sun was starting to descend, so you both took the time to eat and figure out a game plan. You tried to ignore the shrill shrieks of children, but Chanyeol smiled at the sounds, soaking up the spooky atmosphere in delight.

“Are you scared?” He asked as you both headed over to one of the growing lines to a haunted funhouse. His hand gripped yours reassuringly as his attentive eyes noticed the stiffness of your shoulders and the sweat collecting on your neck.

The sun’s nearly gone at this point, the music felt deafening, and the screams—oh god, the screams. Your heart was racing at a concerning pace, adrenaline pumped through your system, preparing you for anything, and all you could think at that moment was, “run, run, run!”

Instead of following your intuition, you tightened your hold on Chanyeol’s large hand and shook your head, voice trapped in your throat.

He pulled you to a stop in the center of the sidewalk, urging you to face him.

Look at me,” he coaxed. It took you a moment, but when you finally did, he tisked before patting the top of your head with his sweater paw. “You have nothing to be afraid of, Sweetie. I’m here to protect you from all the bad guys in this place.”

You gulped, but his face calmed you a bit. His beautiful round eyes held nothing but sincerity and determination.

“Pr—promise?” You stuttered, voice cracking. He chuckled lowly, finding your fear cute, despite himself.

“Promise.”

“Good, because those clowns are fucking terrify—AHH!” Before you could get the last word out, a clown you had noticed following you for a while finally decided to attack, rushing over to you both and going for the grab.

All you could hear over your screaming was Chanyeol calling your name, but it was so far away, you weren’t even sure if you actually heard it or imagined it. Your survival instincts had taken over and you were damn near across the park before you finally collapsed, out of breath and on the verge of a panic attack.

You crawled over to a small patch of grass filled with plastic tombstones and hid within the overgrown weeds, knees pulled into you as you rocked, trying to calm your body down.

You had no idea how long you sat there before hands were on you, causing you to scream for dear life as you fought viciously to shove them away.

“Baby! Calm down! It’s me! It’s me!”

That voice…. You stopped your movements and reluctantly opened your eyes to be met with a very worried Chanyeol.

He appeared just as worn out as you, but his presence was such a relief you lurched forward, throwing your arms around his neck and burst into tears.

“Chanyeol!” You sobbed in relief.

“Oh, Baby,” he cooed, slightly out of breath as he returned your hug. “I’ve been searching everywhere for you! I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone run that fast in my life!”

“I hate clowns,” you revealed into his soft hoodie.

One of his hands lifted up to smooth over the back of your head. “Should we go home?”

You nodded in agreement.

“Good, cause we kind of have no choice….”

You pulled back at that, catching him smiled sheepishly. “I might’ve gotten kicked out for hitting the actor for scaring you.”

“What?” You asked in disbelief.

“Well, actually,” he clarified. “He scared the shit out of me also and my first instinct was to punch him. Anyways, we have to go now.”

You laughed as he helped you up, the two of you wasting no time getting the hell out of there!

》》》》》》》》》》》
Credits; Tumblr

it's spooky season y'all! 🎃