one-shot 💫

Genre: fluff/ tiny bit of angst pairing: Chen x pregnant!wife

“Stop! You can’t do that on your own. Let me just…” Jongdae started to scold you as he found you standing on the stepstool. You were reaching out on your tip toes to try and grab the sugar on the top shelf. Before you could say anything, Jongdae was already placing his hands on your waist to pull you off of the stool. He placed you down on the floor, careful of the way he held you, and took your place to grab the sugar. “It is a good thing that I came when I did. This is a pretty heavy bag. What if you fell over trying to pull it out of the cabinet?”

You rolled your eyes as Jongdae scolded you. You loved your husband, there was no doubt about that, but you hated how overprotective he was becoming. He turned around, placing the bag of sugar on the table for you.  He had a sweet smile on his face, not catching on to how annoyed you were feeling. “Jongdae, sweetie, you know I am perfectly fine to grab a bag of sugar on my own,” you reminded him in a calm voice.

Jongdae smiled even brighter, reaching over and placing his hand on your cheek. “I know you can, honey. I trust you. I just… I don’t want to take any chances with the two of you.” As he said the last part, he moved his hand from your cheek to your stomach. You could feel your baby kick the moment Jongdae touched you. You smiled, knowing that he cared about you and the safety of your baby, but you also wanted him to treat you like the independent person that you were.

Before the pregnancy, he always treated you like you could do anything. Most of the time he even asked you to do everything for him; from cleaning to cooking. You didn’t mind though, you liked doing tedious things like that. Now that you weren’t allowed to do anything, you felt like you were going to lose your mind. All you wanted to do was go and do the laundry that was starting to pile up, but the heat from the clothes could do something to the baby according to Jongdae.

You let out a sigh, not wanting to argue with him about it. You used to argue with him before, back when you were only three months pregnant, but now that you were eight months on your way, you learned to just nod your head and take his anxiousness as love. You placed your hand on top of his, rubbing your thumb against his hand. You patted it lightly, letting him know he could take it off now. He slowly pulled his hand away, still staring at you as though he was waiting to swoop in at any moment. You carefully moved around him, heading towards the stove, only to receive a nervous look from him. Without saying anything, you turned on the oven to let it preheat while you started working on everything else. “Are you sure you should be cooking anything right now?”

“Jongdae, I just want to make a cake. If I have to spend my day watching TV and knitting, I am going to go insane,” you warned him as you started taking out all the ingredients you needed. Jongdae stared at the raw eggs, and you could instantly hear his voice in your head. If those are undercooked in the cake, you could get seriously sick. You chuckled a little to yourself at the thought. It was a little warming to see him so worried about you. You glanced over at him, starting to feel a little bad that you were causing him to worry so much. Sure, you couldn’t stand being treated like you would shatter at the slightest gust of wind, but it was also heartwarming to be treated like a precious gem. You placed the knife that you were holding for the butter on the table and waked over so you were in front of Jongdae. “How about this; since you are so worried about me, why don’t you help me?”

Jongdae smiled at your offer, quick to take your place. He listened diligently as you told him everything to do. You did most of the work, but you managed to trick him into thinking that he was doing it all. He knew it though. He watched as you cracked the eggs and instructed him to mix the wet items while you slowly poured in the dry. His eyes were locked on you as he listened to you. He watched s your eyes lit up at the ability to finally start doing something that you love. He had forgotten how happy you looked when you were cooking, baking, or even cleaning. He knew that he had been going a little overboard when it came to watching over you. But when he saw you standing on the stepstool, it was as though you were on the top of a six-foot ladder. When you were eating, he couldn’t help but worry that it may be something that was undercooked or had dangerous chemicals in it.

He couldn’t help it though. He just wanted to protect you through everything that he possibly could. He loved you more than anything in the world, and he knew that he would love your little baby just as much. He knew that he had to protect you, and he could only imagine how much of a hovering parent he would be once the baby was actually born. Everything that his child would do would make him nervous. Their first step, their first time riding a bike, even their first time going out would cause him to get anxious. But the one that that he knew was; so long as he was able to be there with you two to make sure that nothing went wrong, then everything would okay.

》》》》》》》
Credits;; Tumblr