one-shot 💫

pairing: jongdae x you genre: angst, little fluff 

⊹⊱ Q: bias in exo?
⊹⊱ A: all of them, too hard to pick one when they're all amazing :0

The love a mother feels for her child can never be fully explained. You first felt it the moment you found out you were pregnant. While you were coated in fear, you instantly loved the tiny jelly bean of a human that resided inside your body.

Sure, you were only twenty-one years old, not quite finished with college, and in an on again off again long distance relationship – but that didn't matter. There was nothing you could do but become a mother. This meant some unfortunate things would have to take place. Firstly, you had to rush and work double time to finish college early, secondly, you had to try to get a job in your field – which was elementary teaching, so you could afford the child on your own, and lastly, you had to let go of the love of your life.

Once you had gotten your first pregnancy scan, you had to cut the man you loved off. Jongdae. He was an idol so you couldn't tell him and even if you could, you were afraid that it may mean, giving up your child. You couldn't – no wouldn't – do that.

Instead, you let him go.

You got a new number, moved, and dropped all ties to him.

You cried over it for days, weeks, and months.

The only form of happiness was branched from the growing life inside you. While you were alone in a new city and no support system nearby, you started a new job and tried to make a life for you and the unborn child. You got a job, working as a teacher's aid in an elementary school which surrounded you by bright and blooming children.

Of course, you couldn't help but be afraid. You were going to raise a baby alone and you would be that single mother. To distract yourself from that, you would place headphones around your stomach and let the baby listen to the sounds of their father's voice. Even if he couldn't be here for the child, you would raise the child with its father right under its nose. Never telling them that it was their father, but ensuring that the man would have an influence on its life.

Now, it had been three years since you had your child. A bright little girl named Eunchae who made your heart break with one look. Inevitably she had his eyes, smile and his ears. It was almost as if he was with you for these past few years, after all.

Eunchae loved Exo's music. She danced and bobbed along with it the second she could do so. She was even more intrigued to see their faces when you played music videos for her. Your daddy is right there, you wanted to say to her. But you couldn't.

Today was a bright summer day, so you took a trip into the town that you once called home to visit your parents. With a giggly Eunchae in your hands, you walked down the sidewalk, humming an Exo song to her as she hummed back.

"Mom. Mom. Mom." Eunchae kept saying and pointing at something in the distance.

You just smiled at her. "Eunchae. Eunchae. Eunchae." As you bounced her on your hip and you neared a playground you used to go to when you were younger. "Want to play?" You asked while poking her nose with your finger.

"Mom." Eunchae said again with confusion as she pointed somewhere.

You sighed, wondering what she was going to throw a fit about this time. "What, love?" You asked her as you followed her finger.

Before you could even turn around all the way, you heard the deep voice. "Y/N." He said your name with almost a sigh of relief, but you weren't as relieved as he was. You wanted to hide Eunchae and run until you got away from him.