one- shot 💫

Pairing: Kyungsoo X You
Genre: fluff

"You made all this?" Was the first question Kyungsoo had come to you with, the moment he came home. His eyes showed disbelief as he stared at food laid before him, through the door to your shared apartment. Clearly, he hadn't expected this you thought with a small giggle as you walked up to your boyfriend and pressed a loving kiss to his cheek.

"Yep. It's been so long since we just sat down and had dinner, you know? I thought I'd change it up a little and cook for you instead since it's always you doing the cooking around here." You replied back, upbeat and jovial to share this moment with your boyfriend. Sitting him down at the dining table, you went to go wash your hands at the sink, not missing his bewildered expression on his face.

He had been coming home quite later than usual due to how busy his schedule was becoming, almost leaving him no time to rest. Despite Kyungsoo trying to make things seem as though they weren't hard.

It shouldn't have been all that surprising. He was juggling two jobs: an actor and an idol. Both incredibly demanding jobs, you soon realised with a frown. But even so, you wanted Kyungsoo to take proper care of himself as hard as that may be at times. Normally, he would. He was never one not to. But Kyungsoo was human like anyone else and there were those odd moments where he would forget.

Luckily, he had you.

Sighing, you dried your hands before making your way back towards your boyfriend and taking a seat opposite to him. You had made his favourite today. Kimchi-flavoured spaghetti. Kyungsoo wouldn't make it very often but on special occasions, he would. You smiled. The memory of your first date was still so fresh in your head.

Kyungsoo had invited you to his own apartment for a quiet, sweet candle-lit dinner with that exact dish. It was simple and yet, it was the sweetest date you had been on in so long at the time. You hummed to yourself. He always did love the simplicity of life. With Kyungsoo, you never expected anything too complicated or out of the ordinary. Because that just wasn't him and you adored that about him. You, yourself, never asked for anything better.

Digging in, the spiciness of kimchi filled your tastebuds and you almost groaned at how well it had turned out.

When you looked up towards you boyfriend, you saw that after one bite, he hadn't made any further move to touch the food. Instead, he just sat there with his brows furrowed, looking somewhat annoyed?

Gulping nervously, you tapped your finger against the table, wondering if the food wasn't up to his standards.

Was it too spicy? Too bland? Kyungsoo's cooking was practically perfect and it was rare that you ever cooked for him. Not because you were bad or anything. More because Kyungsoo always insisted he be the one to cook your meals everyday as well as you also being somewhat shy about your cooking skills.

You still remember that time from when you were around ten years old and sending home one of your schoolmates with a really bad stomach ache after munching on one of your cupcakes. You still cringe every time you were reminded of that one event and so it kept you from ever gaining the courage to cook for your boyfriend. Though you had garnered your fair share of praise over the years, you couldn't help but feel like your cooking was only meager in comparison to Kyungsoo's.

"Is it bad?" You hesitated before speaking. His eyes promptly met yours with a jolt and you noticed his mouth slightly agape before finding the words to say.

"What? No! It isn't bad at all. It's delicious, actually. It's just... I don't know how to say it." He started off hesitant, as you continue to stare at him expectantly. There was nothing wrong with it. That certainly sent relief coursing through your veins.

But still, why was he glaring daggers at the dish then? Confused, you waited for his response; holding back your smile when you noticed his ear going red and the ever so tiny bit of red dusting his cheeks.

"It's just.. I didn't think it would taste better than mine, I guess." He bit his lip, suddenly shy and you could detect a hint of jealousy in his tone. For a moment, neither of you spoke. And Kyungsoo only felt more embarrassed under your gaze before you finally blinked.

"Wait, so it's okay then?" You wondered, laughing at Kyungsoo's state. He really did surprise you sometimes.

"Of course, it is." He sighed as he avoided your gaze. "I just didn't know you were this good at cooking." He paused, before adding, "Never thought I'd see the day where someone makes my favourite dish better than me." He chuckled, flustered.

You could only giggle in reply as you thanked you for the meal and continued eating. "You know that means the world, coming from such a master chef like yourself?" You teased him as you both cleaned up everything away together. He could only manage a sheepish smile before putting the plates in the sink and grabbing you gently by the shoulders to press a kiss on your forehead.

"Thank you for today, (y/n). Next time, you should be the one making all our meals. When I get the time, I promise we'll cook together more." He titled your chin up and captured your lips in a chaste kiss.

♧♧♧♧

Credits: Tumblr