one-shot 💫

Pairing: Baekhyun X You
genre: romance  Title: bundle of joy

The text you had received from him was more than vague but based on the experiences you’ve had with him in the past year of being together, the surprise couldn’t be that bad. At least that’s what you told yourself as the elevator ascended to the floor his apartment was on. What if he drops that he wants to break up with you? I mean that’s the only reason he might’ve texted it, because it would’ve been too hard to call you with that kind of news. Or maybe he was going to propose to you and that’s why there were wedding brochures in his place. Okay to be fair they were from Yoora’s wedding and you were the one looking through them but still… they boy still could’ve gotten ideas. With all kinds of thoughts running rampant in your head, you made your way over to his door and texted him to let him know that you were at his door because who the heck knocks anymore?

You heard a few foreign noises coming from the other side of the door, but you honestly couldn’t think of anything that could be off, he was Byun Baekhyun after all, everything about him is eccentric . And you weren’t wrong when you said that it would be something completely unexpected because when he opened the door, he stood in front of you dawning an extremely oversized puffer coat. To say that he was smiling brighter than the sun would be an understatement because the boy had such a huge grin on his face, you were almost concerned for his facial muscles. The two of you stood at the doorway for a few more seconds as you tried to recollect your thoughts, but that clearly wasn’t going to happen anytime soon, so you just decided to let yourself in. the odd way in which he manoeuvred by you should’ve been your first hint but honestly you were currently worried about how he was going to start the ‘we need to talk’ talk.

“…so, what’s up?” You enquired, trying your best to sound as casual as possible whilst taking a seat on the plush sofa. He repeated his odd movements as he made his way towards you, strangely gripping his coat on his journey. With the same smile on his face, he took a seat in front of you.

“I want you to meet a little someone. She’s going to help whenever I miss you on tour!” He announced in an unusually high pitched voice which was followed by a line of giggles as he adjusted his coat. You sat there with your eye brow perked because okay thank gosh we’re not breaking up, but where the heck is the present? However before you could open your mouth to ask him, he slowly unzipped his coat to reveal possibly the most precious thing on earth. There laying comfortably in deep sleep across his broad chest, was a tiny almost angelic looking corgi puppy. It was safe to say that you wanted to scream, however you instantly became aware that your baby (yes it was already your baby) was sleeping so you just… sat there with no idea of what to do. Judging from your silent but extremely obvious expression of awe, he continued by explaining how he came across this bundle of joy.

“The boys and I went to a shelter the other day and we were practically in puppy heaven. All was going well until this angel leapt up at me and she was so adorable, she reminded me of you, so I took at as a duty to unite the two of you” he stated proudly, handling her with absolute stealth so you could finally have her in your arms. As soon as her soft fur brushed against your arms and she adjusted herself in your arms, you fell in love once more.

“Baekhyun?”

“Yes baby?

“You’re bat crap crazy if you think I’m going to let her leave on tour with you…

“Well shit…

Credits;; oshdreams on Tumblr