Cadenza's Fury

TW: SA MENTION

Levin and Lilith started calling Aaron 'dad' more often! It had been about a month since the first time Levin said it. The Pheonix Drop group was on their way to the guild. Most of them went ahead to the guild because of a race that Aphmau was too tired to partake in. She wasn't feeling right that day.

As they neared the guild, the feeling of off-ness grew heavier. She hated this feeling. She knew to trust her gut and her gut was telling that something was far from normal, but she needed to see what it was before chickening out and going home.

At some point along, she flinched as a chilly spike shot up her spine. Aaron took her hand instinctually. Upon interlocking fingers with her, he took notice of that same, sickening feeling.

Finally, they got to the doors. Aphmau didn't even get a chance to stop and think when Nekoette came rushing out, Dimitri alongside her. They shut the doors quickly behind them. "You-you don't want to go in there, Aphmau." Dimitri was sounding out of breath. She wanted to believe the lack of oxygen inhabiting his lungs from the race was the reason but his words shook her to her core.

"Oh yeah? Why's that?" Aphmau asked, raising an eyebrow. There was no time to get scared now. Levin was holding onto his mother's other hand. Lilith was clinging to Aaron's back.

"Uh...there's someone in there...and, last I checked, you two are not on good terms." Aphmau racked her brain. She wasn't on good terms with plenty of people, so who made it a point to come and visit?

"You know her really well- Her name starts with a C." Nekoette seemed skiddish, her tail was puffed up. "And she...wants...to know where you are."

"Who..?" Aaron had a concerned look on his halfway covered face. He gripped Aphmau's smaller hand tighter.

"Lady Cadenza..." They replied in sync. Aphmau rolled her eyes, letting out a groan. Her fear evaporated into thin air.

"Are you serious?" They nodded. Why did she of all people have to come here just to bug me?

"Tell Katelyn or someone to bring her to that big tree we fought Ivy at. I can handle any attacks from her, but chances are, she's just here to patronize me. Have some people come along and stay hidden. I can't be the only person listening to her."

"Yessum!" The two teenage guards were turning to re-enter the building but Aphmau stopped them with a swift push against the doir.

"You two are allowed to go along with whoever else comes to watch. Just know that if you go, the conversation will get rough." The two acknowledged her words with a head nod. Aphmau picked Levin up and handed him off to Aaron, who walked inside the guild with the children. The ex lord took off in the direction of the tree, dipping through the forest and avoiding trees. She had to have time so that she could mentally prepare herself for whatever Cadenza was there to say.

When walking into the guild, Aaron was met by the familiar sight of a woman he'd only seen on paper. With everything she said to Aphmau, he almost couldn't believe she was a real person. Cadenza sauntered towards him, pausing just a step away.

She kneeled down to Levin's level. "Hi Little Levin! Do you remember me?" She looked delighted to see his big smile while he recounted where he knew her from.

"Aunt Cady!"

"That's right, Honey! I made all of your clothes when you were just a little boy, but you've grown so much!"
Aaron stood silently, Lilith peeking over his shoulder. Him and Lucinda shared a frustrated glance. Out of the corner of his vision, he noticed Nekoette whispering into Katelyn's ear.