Her powers

"Yeah, that's not quite how I would've announced that. Way to cause some initial panic, I guess." Aphmau rubbed the back of her head nervously while she peered around the room. She needed to see how badly damaged her new reputation was.

"They've heard worse; you'll be fine. In the end, my say goes, and you're staying whether the rest of the guild likes it or not," Master Makarov replied nonchalantly. It was like he was TRYING to make them weary of her. Each person's mouth fell open, and they were silent once again. They all turned their heads back to Aphmau.

"This is always the hardest part of introducing myself with abilities. It's- It's not how he put it."

"I think you owe us some explanation." Ezra grimaced. They didn't like people that could potentially fire at their own allies, even by mistake.

"I know." Aphmau grimaced. He stomach churned thinking of the rampage. "Irene, this other being with whom I share a body, is a protector. She was when she was alive with a physical form, and she is now. She has never, EVER hurt anyone without good reason." Natsu crossed his arms, raising an eyebrow.

"Was that supposed to be reassuring?"

"Honestly, yes. Knowing is half the battle, and even if it's not a comfort to you, it'll help get you used to the thought that even if she's powerful, she won't hurt you, much less kill you. You haven't done anything to provoke her. She's not here to hurt you. She's here to protect my family and me. Honestly, she just won't leave me the hell alone."

"Hey now, don't be rude."

Sorry, Irene. You know I love you, but you're in practically every aspect of my life one way or another. It's just...tiring sometimes.

"I understand."

I'm sorry again. You help me so much, you know.

"It's quite alright. I know my rash actions have caused you trouble; now you better get back; they're getting curious."

She went silent for a moment, with a blank resting look on her face as she tilted her head slightly. Whoever paid close enough attention could see her eyes flicker white. As quickly as the flashes came, they reverted back to brown.

"Aphmau? What was that?" Lucy inquired with the softest voice. Aphmau snapped out of her zone, blinking a few times to regain full consciousness. She'd just barely broken the silence.

"Sorry," At this point, everyone had focused their attention on Aphmau. "Like I said, I'm learning how to control her and her bad habits. To be fair, though, she has as much free reign of this body as I do. She chooses to stay away because being around humans isn't her problem anymore." Aphmau was scratching the back of her hand. When she noticed how bad it was stinging, she began rubbing the smoothe malachite crystal in her hand, fidgetting with it and weaving it over and under each finger. It was up to them if they wanted to accept her and let her start fresh.

"This is so weird. I didn't even know there could be two people sharing a body." Lucy chimed, tapping her chin as she thought.

"It's less that we share a body, but that she already got her chance to live. She gave it up and stuck all her problems from her past life on me. All I am...is a reincarnation." Aphmau merely breathed the last part out. She surprised herself with what she said, since these were complete strangers and quite frankly, they didn't need to know her insecurities. She also noticed how she had dulled the fun and playful atmosphere that the building had to offer before she stepped in. "Um, if it's any comfort to you all, where I come from many people primarily fight with swords, so I don't usually need her help, even when I'm using the healing magicks. You are not in danger, the killing thing that Marakov mentioned happened once, or twice I should say, and it's something...I- don't like to talk about."