Figments of the Imagination

Aaron got up out of bed and threw a shirt on. Shirts weren't his forte, but when he planned to walk alone at night, he wanted to be safer on every level. He put on his shoes and equipped his sword. Walking outside at night in Magnolia was risky for anyone, especially Fairy Tail wizards. Everyone in the guild was drowning in ignorance, thinking they couldn't get hurt because they had powers. Powers only made them more significant targets, and Aphmau was a massive example of that.

She was shaking as she recounted her second encounter with a jury member named Ivy. She explained through her teeth, "She told me...that she was going to rip my relic out of my body. I didn't know word had spread so far and to such an extent. She'd come from Tu'la to kill me and take my powers."

Aaron walked the streets and turned down the path to Aphmau's house, stopping halfway to go through the forest towards the tree Aphmau, and himself often met up at. Once it came into his line of vision, he made his way up the hill and sat down, leaning against the rugged bark and slipping his bandanna off.

If Aaron was honest with himself, he longed to see Aphmau again. Another part of him hoped she wouldn't show up since she needed much more sleep than she typically got.

After an hour of sitting there thinking, Aaron could barely make out a figure walking up the hill. Her head was aimed down, but he could tell it was her immediately. Aphmau looked up and was shocked to see her dear friend but faced him with a smile. The butterflies that usually fluttered around his stomach had made their way to his throat. That was enough for him to lose the ability to speak. She was the only person capable of making him feel such a way.

"Fancy seeing you here." She was wearing a light blue silk nightgown that clung to her curves and went halfway down her thighs, a white cardigan covering her arms and back. Aaron couldn't help but eye her up and down. He thought she was the most beautiful woman to walk the planet. He was going to ask why she was there, but without missing a beat, she answered his internal question.

"I couldn't sleep. Irene keeps trying to bring me into her realm, but I don't want to go yet.." her eyes started glowing white, but she shook her head, bringing them back to their caramel state. "See? She's been doing this all night."

She was obviously tired but didn't want to give in to the goddess's demands. Not yet. She didn't want to hear whatever it was that Irene was trying to communicate.

"Why don't you let her say what she wants to say?" Aphmau felt weak at the knees, hearing his soft, caring voice.

"If you keep talking like that, I'm gonna fall asleep and disappear before your eyes."

Ignoring her jokingly romantic statement, Aaron replied to her. "Aph, let her talk for a minute, then she'll leave you alone." Aphmau seemed to take in his words, calming her body so that Irene could take control.

"Aphmau...there is something I need to tell you...about Garroth and Laurance..." her eyes reverted to normal, just for a moment.

"Spit it out." Irene came back.

"Aphmau, they're dead. Those people you saw were their spirits. They were only able to form in my realm because of how badly you wanted to see them. They were practically figments of your imagination. The universe broke a barrier to getting them in. I'll leave you with this information. You can come into my realm any time if you wanna talk."

Her eyes stopped glowing white, but they weren't normal. Her lively caramel eyes looked dull, and a small smile formed on her face as a pitiful attempt to mask her unbearable sadness. That was the pinch of reality she didn't want, be the thing she needed to move on. "I guess...I got my hopes up too high."

Break their walls- An Aarmau story [UNDER EDITING](Aphmau/fairytail crossover)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara