Unraveling Secrets Pt 3

"Those two are my sons Levin and Malachi, though you could probably already guess that. They aren't sons of my bloodline, but I love them with everything I have. The Attack was years ago. By now, Levin is 6. When the Phoenix Attack was launched, I told their caretaker to take them away and keep them safe no matter what." She pointed at the elf.

"Speaking of the caretaker, that's Zoey. She lived in a room in my house so that when I had Lord duties, she cared for my kids. I had a LOT of lord duties because I wasn't a lord who sat around all day doing nothing, so she was a mom by day, and in the evening, I was mom. She really was amazing. I doubt I have anything to worry about." Aphmau moved her finger to the next little family, her finger landing on the dark blue-haired guard.

"That's Dante. We found him after he saved one of my villagers from a wolf tribe."

"Wait but didn't you make friends with a wolf tribe?" Levy interjected.

"There are different wolf tribes, the one that Dante helped my villager from was the eastern wolf tribe. I helped pups from the southern wolf tribe. I saved one of their pups from a hunter and the other from the Nether."

"What's the Nether like?" Wendy looked at Aphmau with curiosity filling her gaze.

"The Nether is hot, loud, and difficult to get through, especially when shadow knights are chasing you, though I think I did pretty damn well going through that hell hole." Aphmau looked back at the picture and continued.

"Dante was fresh out of guard school when I found him. He was cocky but had good morals. After we saved Donna's husband, met Lucinda, and found Malachi's castle, I took him back to Phoenix drop, where he met Kawaii-Chan. They had a child, and he, well... we can talk about Dimitri later. Anyways, during the Phoenix Attack, the shadow knights...well...Kawaii-Chan was just outside her home, tending to her precious flowers, when the Nether portal teleported in front of their house. One minute she was smiling and living her life in peace....the next minute, she was dead on her own stairs." Aphmau was tense while talking about her death.

"I met Kawaii-Chan on one of my adventures. She saved me from being killed by a former guard but, in return, had her maid café ransacked. I made Phoenix drop bigger for her. I never expected..." Aphmau's breathing hitched.

"SHE'S DEAD! MAMA IS DEAD! WHY? WHY DID THEY KILL HER?" Nekoette shrieked. She'd run into Aphmau, who was coincidentally on her way to see them. They were just around the corner from her house.

"What?" That was the only response she could muster. It was too late. A group of shadow knights heard them, and all Aphmau could do was haul ass to the guard station.

"Aphmau?" Gray poked her shoulder as he was sitting beside her. "You spaced out."

She let out the breath she was holding in.

"I'm- I'm sorry. I haven't seen Dante since after the Attack when I got him and his family settled into their new house in Scaleswind. I have to visit them sometime, along with a few other people. Next person." She pointed at the woman with powdery blue hair.

"Katelyn started off as my enemy. She worked for Zane. I'll tell you guys more about Zane later. She was a mighty jury member. After Zane killed her friend Jeffery, she was completely against him. She became one of my personal guards and best friends after the war, where I led the Phoenix Alliance. She's at a guard academy, teaching kids and new recruits how to fight. I was planning on visiting her sooner rather than later." Aphmau pointed at the white-haired guard and the ginger witch.

"Lucinda and Travis. They're working with Katelyn at the academy to train teens for combat. Lucinda is a witch trying to boost all witches' reputations. She's wonderful. Travis...is a pervert." She let out