Levin's Growth

It had been a month since Lilith met her new family. Aaron was finally happy. Before Aphmau came along, that wasn't a feeling he could confidently say he felt. He was a very quiet and relatively dull person. He loved his guildmates naturally, but he never really WANTED to talk to them. When Aphmau walked through those doors, his old way of life was gone for good.

The last couple years had been the best years ever. Aaron had a family, a real family! He had his lovely girlfriend and she brought along her lovely son, now they had little Lilith, a lovely daughter. They were going to raise her together! Aaron swore he'd treat her like the little princess she was.

He was just so happy!

Aaron was snapped back into the loud reality that was the guild he called home, with Lucinda teaching Levin spells and Aphmau giggling at Katelyn who was punching Travis, probably for saying some weird perverted shit. Some of the guild members were cheering her on, and by that he meant practically everyone but Travis. Natsu and Gray were fighting over something that Gray said and Lucy was talking to Levy, Juvia, and Loke. Gajeel and Erza were having an argument over how idiotic men are, Gildarts and Cana were having father-daughter bonding time on a job, Leona and Kiki were out doing work as vets in town (though, Leona usually goes on jobs, her being a vet is like a side thing) and Master was talking to Mira and Elfman. Aaron was just sat next to Aphmau zoning out.

He had only stopped spacing out when the small boy jumped behind him and onto his back. Aaron stood up, sprinting around the guild with him. Levin was squealing and clinging onto Aaron's hood. He dodged people carefully but managed to make it around the guild a couple times before getting tired and sitting back down.

"Out of breath already, you big loser?" Aphmau spoke with a big grin on her face.

"Ha ha, very funny."

"Yeah, I think it was quite funny."

Levin seemed tired for the first time in forever so he crawled over Aaron's shoulder, falling into his lap and curling into the man's chest.

"I'm gonna go to sleep, Dad." The commotion stopped. There was silence. Absolute silence.

"What was that?" Before Aaron could get his answer, there were soft snores coming from the young boy. Aaron's mouth curved from an open position to a downward smile. "You heard that too, right?" He spoke so softly, a sound barely noticeable to the naked ear. He'd said the sent and with a deadpan face. It came as a shock when he reached up slowly and wiped a tear that was rolling down his cheek

Aphmau chuckled from his side. "Are you crying, Mi Amor?"

"No, no I'm not,"

"You totally are,"

"Shut up."

"Awwww" The guards were the first to comment, then the rest of the guild. Aphmau leaned over, giving Aaron a side hug. She kept an arm around him. Lilith was taking a nap on her lap, leaning on her father's arm.

"You are such a softie, Aaron." She whispered, wiping another stray tear from her boyfriend's cheek. "Dad, hm? That's a big step for him." She smiled, some tears welling up in her caramel colored eyes.

———————————————————

Just a very small chapter of fluff before some shit goes down~