Nekoette and Dimitri

"Dear Aphmau,

Lady Katelyn gave Nicole and I the address to send the letter to if Raven didn't come by so here it is. I don't actually know when this will get to you but I have missed you guys so, so much. Being a guard really doesn't work when you don't have a lord and friends to protect. Even when you were trapped in the Irene dimension, I still had the town to take care of. I only have the kids and myself now. We don't have much to stay for, except for Nicole because there's no way she'd let Dimitri come along to Fiore without her and she's a lord so obviously she can't come...but, I'm just rambling. Do write back and tell me how you and everyone else are doing.

-Yours truly,
Dante"

"Huh, maybe Dante and the kids will come down, or maybe I should go visit."

"I'm sure everyone there misses you." Aaron hummed. The two of them sat back down on the bench and Aphmau looked to her lap.

"I'd go in an instance if not for the controversy regarding the attack." He stared in confusion.

"What do you mean? Weren't you super popular down there since you were the lord of a bigger village?"

"After the attack, people were outraged at the death of their family members. I can't blame them  but-" They both jumped at the sound of a voice behind them, adding to their conversation. Turning around, they were facing the guard trio and Leona.

"There were a lot of really ignorant villagers that thought she was the cause of their family's deaths, including one of her best friends. She's mad at all of us." Katelyn spat. Her fists were tightly clenched.

Leona stepped over to Aaron, grabbing his arm and pulling him far enough away from the group to where they couldn't hear their conversation.

"The person that they were talking about, one of their best friends, her name is Cadenza. She's the lord of New Meteli, a large village in Ru'aun. She was Laurance's adopted sister." And suddenly, he understood. "From what I was told, she was mad because Aphmau wasn't able to use her powers to save him but also because Aphmau never returned Laurance's feelings to her. Now when you go back, don't say a word." Aaron nodded his head obidiently, still trying to process what she had said.

Aphmau had already told Aaron that Garroth and Laurance liked her. It wasn't a big secret. Kiki mentioned once how almost all of the villagers were betting in which one of them she'd choose.

They made their way back to the guild as a group. Aphmau's boys ran up to her, beckoning for her to pick them up. She obliged and held both of them on her hips. She went to talk to Natsu, Lucy, Levy, and Mira.

Aaron, Mira, and the guards all decided that Aphmau was healed enough to go on jobs again. Aaron was choosing a job at the board, picking a fighting job to retrieve a lost family heirloom from bandits. A perfect job for her first day back. He poked his partner on the shoulder to get her attention and she turned his way, smiling like usual. She grabbed the paper from his hands gently, looking over it and passing it to Katelyn.

"How fast do you bet we can do this job?" She said, grinning ear to ear.

"An hour and a half given that you have to get back in the groove since you've been out for so long." Katelyn calmly replied, sipping on her tea. Lucinda reached for the paper.

"I say 30 minutes to an hour tops."

"Oh? And why is that?"

"To contradict you, of course," Lucinda winked. Katelyn snatched the paper back, handing it to Aphmau once more. You could feel the playful tension between them from a mile away.