In the woods

It'd been 3 weeks since Levin and Malachi found Aphmau and during those 3 weeks, they managed to pull the heartstrings of every person they met. They even made friends with the boy Carlos that Aphmau and Aaron saved from Zane.

Katelyn, Travis, and Lucinda had officially joined the guild after many demonstrations of their powers. Additionally, Aphmau had discovered that Malachi's power reformed, which was causing Levin's nightmares. Lastly, Leona was going to be out on her first week long job.

Lucinda started teaching Levin and Malachi spells of healing and harming. Magic at their age was a scary concept but they rolled with it. At the moment, they were in the guild. Like many days, Natsu, Gray, and Gajeel were fighting over something stupid and causing a ruckus. Aphmau was far too tired to stop them so they took advantage of their time.

Malachi and Levin were laughing at them with the rest of team Natsu, which gave the mother an excuse to rest her eyes. Aaron was sitting next to her and poking her cheek.

"Hey Aph, what's up? You okay?"

"Levin keeps getting nightmares about the same thing over and over so we're trying to teach Malachi to control his power," She yawned and leaned on Aaron. The only thing that was previously stopping a blush from forming on his face was the fact that she wasn't in direct contact with him, but that had changed so the blush escaped. Even if you couldn't see it from his cheeks, the tips of his ears burned bright red as well.

"I see. Do you want me to go on Thursday's mission and bring the gems back for the both of us?"

"As if..." Aphmau yawned again, stretching her arms out and resting a hand on Aaron's cheek, tilting her head back to face him with sly eyes, "...I would let you kick ass without me." He chuckled to himself, noticing that Aphmau had started to doze off. Her hand slip down from his cheek and back to her side.

Just about 30 minutes had passed when she was awoken by a chair whizzing past her head. Aphmau looked in the direction it was thrown from,  and what do you know, it was the 3 fighting idiots. She sat up, rubbing her eyes.

"I'm gonna give you 5 seconds to run and if I find you, I'm gonna throw you in the river."

"Why should we run away from you?!" Gajeel yelled.

"Because if not, I'll sic my kids on you and they'll beat you with sticks. It's either hand to hand combat with me or branches with them. They aren't weak fellows either. Pick your poison." The three took off running as Aphmau started counting down, walking towards the door.
"5"
"4"
"3"

"Aphmau, Darling, are you really going to break a sweat chasing them?" Lucinda sighed out.

"2"

"Someone needs to humble them, and it just so happens that they started a fight with me,"

"1"

She blew the kids and guards a kiss, shooting out of the guild like a bullet to hunt the 3 teens down.

Katelyn, Lucinda, and Travis sat at the bar while the kids played with Team Natsu, Leona, and Levy. They we're having their own little conversation.

"She really is different now, hmm." Lucinda hummed out.

"She's still our Aphmau, she just coped with the trauma differently than we did. She was alone, remember?" Travis replied, taking a sip of his water.

"If you guys don't mind me asking, what was she like to you guys before?" Mira asked from behind the counter, making Erza's strawberry cake.

"She was the kindest person I knew and allowed me to stay in Phoenix Drop even after I worked for Zane. Now she's fixated revenge, and honestly I can't blame her. After well...she probably told you guys about the deaths. She's like a different person but so similar to her old self in a way. She was never so...tired...and violent." The other two guards around Katelyn nodded, reminiscing on the old days.