Zoey's Final Message

It had been a year since Aphmau joined the guild. Time sure flew. She was dressed in a purple tank top, white shorts, and black boots. She added black fingerless gloves as a finishing touch.

Aphmau walked outside and was greeted by Aaron. Over the year, she started feeling different around him. She felt butterflies fluttering around in her stomach whenever she laid eyes on him. Her heart would pound like it was trying to escape her chest! They joked about stuff like this before, but she couldn't tell if it was love.

"Morning Potato."

"Heyyy Bandanna Boy~" They always took the liberty of calling each other by the names they made up for each other and hated.

The two mages started towards the guild. They talked about going on a job but were more concerned about getting food in their stomachs.

They reached the doors of the guild and opened them. Of course, Gray and Natsu were fighting. When they saw Aphmau, they stopped fighting out of what she suspected was fear.

Aaron and Aphmau sat at their table, and she held her head in her hands, looking towards her pink and black-headed guild members with a devilish smirk gracing her cheeks. "That's right, boys, you should be scared of me~."

"PFFT! As if we're scared of you!" They yelled in sync, trying to act intimidating. It was impressive how often they synced up when they were nervous. Aphmau responded with a fit of laughter, then looked up with a maniac smile spreading across her face.

"Aaron, darling, can you get some fries? I'm going to be hungry after beating the brakes off these two bird brains." He nodded, and Aphmau smiled. She looked back at the boys and ran towards them at full speed, practically disappearing before their very eyes and showing up behind them, kicking them both in the back of the legs, which immobilized them and caused them to drop to the floor within seconds. Lucy, Levy, and Gajeel cheered, and Juvia yelled for Gray.

"I've been doing that for a year now. You guys should know when to turn and hit me back by now." Aphmau strolled back around them, tying up her long hair. "Guess we'll have to train more." Because Aaron and Aphmau were older and more experienced in fighting, they helped train the others in their free time.

They both groaned and got up. Aphmau sat back down in her seat and waited for the fries.

Aaron asked Mira for the fries and waited. He watched Aphmau run around the two idiots and dead-leg them. This scene had become recurring. Every time she did anything, she astounded Aaron. Her smile lit up the room, and her caramel-colored eyes were mesmerizing. They had a fire in them that never burnt out.

Aphmau was the most intriguing person he could think of. He felt jealous when he first realized that she had kids, thinking she had a lover. Maybe he was selfish, but he desperately wanted her to know he loved her. Aaron could go on and on about how beautiful she was, and he would if not for the idiot guildmates that teased him endlessly.

Aaron wasn't going to do anything any time soon. Their friendship meant more to him than having a chance to confess and potentially lose her.

When Aphmau wasn't around, which was rare because they were mostly near each other, Team Natsu, Levy, Gajeel, Mira, and even Master teased Aaron about crushing on his companion.

Mira brought the fries over, and Aaron made his way past the moping teens Aphmau had just hurt, then past the rest of the guild members towards her. He sat beside her, and she happily reached for some fries.

A woman burst through the door and called Aphmau's name. She had a letter scrunched up in her hands.

"LADY APHMAU!" She heard the voice call from the now busted guild door. She looked over he shoulder slowly, wholly consumed by shock when she realized who the werewolf girl was. She was all grown up.