Out Of The Blue

Aphmau's Pov:

3 weeks of wedding planning later and we had almost all of the pieces ready. I forgot how much I hated planning weddings, even though mine was in a week.

Of course, Aaron and I still needed to make a living so we decided to go on a job, leaving the kids with Leona and whoever else was in the guild.

"What's the job again?" I asked, leaning against him. He put his arm around my shoulder, using his other hand to pull the job paper from his pocket.

"Taking down a group of 4 from the town of Starfox and take back an important book that they stole. The library sent the job request out." Starfox? Like my fox in Pheonix Drop? Heheh, that's kinda cool.

The train quickly came to a stop and I clung to Aaron, who laughed at me for always shooting forward. Leaving the train, I grabbed his hand. I liked knowing that he was around me because I wouldn't be able to lose him if anything happened.

We asked around to find the library and managed to stumble across it. As we walked inside, the air went still. There were magic users in here, 4 of them to be precise. I stopped in my tracks, pulling Aaron back to me.

"Aph? What's wrong?"

"They're here. I can feel them in the room with us. They're invisible."

"Invisible?"

"Yeah uh, it seems that we might be in a bit of trouble but...the magic doesn't feel dark." I heard a whisper behind us. Aaron definitely heard it too because he tightened his grip on my hand and his sword.

"Who's there?" He asked. A soft giggle came from the somewhere in the room.

"These ones are smart. It looks like they're guild members." The giggly voice said. Another female voice came from the other side of the room

"They're probably here to take us down. We took that book about the shadow lord and his association to Pheonix Drop."

"Ph-Pheonix Drop?" I muttered.

"Hey guys, now that I'm looking at her, that looks like Lady Aphmau, also known as m'lady Irene." That time, it was a male voice. The person was walking around me, seemingly examining me. Aaron was quick to pull me to his chest.

"Well he did call her Aph." The finale voice said.

"I don't know what you guys know or who you are, but if you hurt my fiancé, there will be hell to pay." Intrigued laughs shot around the room.

"Ooo! She has a fiancé!"

"Well at least if you're gonna talk about me, have the balls to say it to my face!" I barked.

"She's feisty!" The male voice cackled. He seemed to have moved away. I pulled out my sword, cracking a slight smirk at Aaron.

"Well, let the games begin."

*

We had finished the job. Who knew that swinging your sword around aimlessly could actually do more good than bad when beating up invisible people. I never figured out why they stole the book. I never got to read the book which made me kind of upset but we got the gems and were on the train ride home. The train stopped a couple times, picking up and dropping off people, as trains do. However, one familiar red head stepped on at a stop.

She had a tight grey crop top with short brown sleeves. She was wearing tan shorts and brown boots that went halfway up her calves. The most noticeable features were the goggles that sat atop her head and the iron-made gloves on her hands. She was looking for a seat.