Starting fresh

"Mangolia really is a beautiful place," Lucinda muttered, taking in the new sights.

"I agree," Katelyn replied. Travis, for the first time in his life, was quiet.

They walked through the woods and to the newly built house. When they reached the clearing, Malachi stopped, an almost exact replica of Aphmau's old house staring back at him, the trio of adults stopping as well. Leona and Aphmau shared a knowing girn.

"Do you like it? We worked for a good couple weeks on it." Malachi looked back at his mother with tears in his eyes. He ran back and hugged her.

"I miss Pheonix Drop!" He wailed, Levin following his brother's emotional example and started to cry as well.

Aphmau put Levin down and wrapped them both in a warm hug. "I know, Darlings. We do too. We couldn't bring back much from Pheonix Drop but our favorite memories so lets make due with with what we have. In time, this will begin to feel like home."

She gave them both a peck on the forehead and picked one of them up at a time, tickling them and tossing them over to Katelyn and Leona. They used to do this when the kids were younger as a distraction to cheer them up when they were sad.

They laughed and squealed when Katelyn and Leona swung them around in circles. When they put the boys down, Lucinda made a spell that summoned little translucent multi-colored fairies to play with them.

"I have tea inside, do you all want some?" The boys were distracted by the fairies. The adults agreed and began to move into the house

"Come on kids! We're going inside!"

"But Mom, the fairies!" Aphmau chuckled at their response.

"They can come too!" The boys ran inside, the 3 tiny fairies barreling in behind them. Being the last one in, Aphmau shut the door. When she turned into the room, Leona had already started the water.

"Ah, I should probably set up the bedrooms. Since Leona is sleeping in one of the guest bedrooms, Lucinda and Katelyn, would you be okay with sharing a room?"

"Of course, as long as I'm not with the pervert." Travis put on his fake offended face and put his hand on his chest.

"Pervert?! How rude of you to say that!"

"Don't make me bring up what happened when were training," Katelyn scoffed. Travis had a tendency to touch buts while sparring.

Why did Aphmau have to befriend a sexual harasser?

"Okay okay I get it!" He crossed his arms and puffed out his cheeks.

"Here's the tea!" Leona passed around the tea cups and they chattered while waiting for the tea to cool down. They were just comparing their guild tattoos.

"Tell us about your guild members Aph!" Lucinda suddenly called out.

"Ah, well there's Cana and Gildarts, they're father and daughter. Mira and Elfman and brother and sister. They lost their youngest sister during a job."

After naming and talking about everyone in the guild, Aphmau finally got to the group.

"There's Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Juvia, Gajeel, Erza, Levy, Wendy, and Aaron." She counted her fingers to make sure she got everyone.

"Aphmau llllliiikes Aaron~" Leona said, dragging out the 'L' and wiggling her eyebrows.

"LEONA! Knock that off! You know it's not like that!" Aphmau's cheeks were tinted a dark red from the sudden topic shift. She covered her face with her hands.