A New Battle

Aphmau wrote back to Dante and the kids separately, making sure Katelyn wrote to the head guards to tell them about the extent of the bullying. Aphmau almost felt like a lord again.

Her other problem was the sate of her mental health. She would go through periodic depressive episodes that would effect her everyday life. Aaron, as any partner would, wanted to help her through those times but often had to pry her issues out of her since she felt bad throwing her issues on him.

Aphmau felt a flick on her forehead and snapped out of her thoughts immediately. She looked up to see Aaron examining her with his chin resting on the palm of his hand. Speak of the devil.

"Um, OW? What was that for?"

"Because you weren't responding to anything, now are you gonna tell me what's up with you?" She said nothing.

"Okay well I'll take that as a yes, lets go train." He stood up and grabbed his sword. Aphmau groaned as Aaron crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm tiiiiired though! I didn't even get to finish my fries!" The raven haired woman let out an exasperated sigh when she realized he wasn't gonna budge.

"You don't have the kids to take care of today and we don't have to do a job for another week, also, you and I both know that if you don't come training now, you're gonna blow up on your own later, and SOMEHOW, I'm gonna run into you while you do that." He was right. The kids were with Katelyn, Lucinda, Travis, And Leona. Kiki went to find a job having to do with animals.

"Tch, ffffine!" Aphmau finally stood up, looking around the guild. Team Natsu was finally out on a job so she, for once in her career at the guild, didn't have to worry about them spying. She sent a small wave to the rest of the other confused guild members before following Aaron out of the building and into the woods.

They walked to the hill spot since they couldn't go back to the other training grounds. Aaron took off his mask. Their swords were sheathed and they were safe so they started fighting.

"What's wrong? Don't lie to me." He swiped at her feet, forcing her into the air and back so that she wouldn't get him in the ankles.

"I don't really know...I'm just...sad? Maybe more stressed." Aphmau was about to knock him down from the side before he turned and blocked her sword.

"I understand that. Did someone do something to make you sad?" They slowed a bit to keep their conversation.

"Just thinking back on everything. It's just, I keep getting into my own head. About everything. My emotions feel so invalid."

"Invalid?" She didn't answer. She really didn't want him to be able to get that deep into her head. While Aphmau was distracted, she missed a shot at her male counterpart and he was able to knock her down onto the ground.

Aphmau decided to just curl up loosely and lean against the tree, Aaron joined her seconds later.

"Have we made you feel invalid?" She shook her head profusely.

"No, absolutely not...you guys have have made me feel so loved. When I was a lord, I wasnt really allowed show any emotion except happiness because I didn't want people to worry, and I guess those habits never truly died."

Aaron took Aphmau's hand in his own. "Aph, we're supposed to worry. That's what friends and family are for."

"Im just...trying to pull through, you know.?" The precious tension between them dug itself to the surface as they made eye contact. Aaron kissed her, pulling back with a smile.

"Let us worry Aph. Don't leave us in the dark." A grin graced her face and she nodded her head. Aaron slung his arm around Aphmau's shoulder and the two of them sat there, talking all about whatever thought came to mind. Of course, as a clingy couple who finally had the chance to be alone, they were all over eachother. Aphmau was cuddled up to Aaron's chest, sitting in his lap with his arms around her.