Blossoming Love

Team Natsu cheered. In retrospect, if they had really wanted to spy on her effectively they would've shut the hell up. The commotion ended up scaring Aphmau and causing her to subconsciously draw her blade. Once she realized it was them, her eyes landed on Aaron. Only he knew where they would be. She was caught glaring him down.

"Why would you take THEM of all people here?" She groaned, Levin and Malachi were behind her. She looked very out of place with her outfit and sword combination. You wouldn't think to see a woman with a long, layered purple skirt, white ruffled top with bell sleeves, and a black corset (all topped off with a flower crown) wielding a blinding white sword if you were walking in the woods.

"They wouldn't stop bothering me. I know this is our spot but I couldn't deal with them anymore." The black haired woman sighed out of frustration.

"Fair enough, they can be so damn
annoying."

"HEY!" The group yelled. They all synced up when they were upset. It was cute.

"Aphmau! WHY DIDNT YOU TELL US YOU COULD SING?!" Lucy squealed. She'd forgotten her anger ins seconds.

"It reminds me too much of home," Aphmau hummed. She had this unreadable look on her face. Malachi glanced down at his feet with a frown, Levin didn't seem to know what was going on. She realized the tension she had subconsciously caused. "Now we have to find a new place to hang out since you took them here! They're gonna wanna do this creepy shit again!" She locked eyes with Aaron. He held his arms up in defeat.

"Yeah yeah, we'll get to that."

Gajeel looked at his blindfolded companion with a smirk, wiggling his eyebrows. He leaned over to whisper in Aaron's ear. "Why are you guys so desperate to have a place where we can't find you? What do you guys do when you 'hang out'?" The appalling question caused Aaron to have a violent reaction. He raised his hand over Gajeel's head. In one hard swoop, he practically made contact with his skull, knocking him onto the ground. Everyone gasped.

"You creep." The blindfolded man muttered. Aphmau burst out into a fit of hysteric laughter. She knew Gajeel had to have said something really bad for Aaron to take him out in such a way. Leven ripped away from Malachi, charging over to the still-standing warrior.

"Teach me how to do that!" He glaced towards his mother for a sign of approval, which she gave in the form of a nod. "Please?!" His eyes sparkled like his mother's. Aaron couldn't help but greet him with a smile, lifting him up and putting the young boy on his shoulders effortlessly.

"Sure Levin." He walked over to Aphmau. "Wanna go look for a new place? I can knock them out and we can just leave." Aphmau elbowed him in the chest for his shallow joke. He looked down at her in a caring manor. It was easy to tell with his closed-mouth grin and blush. He wasn't wearing his hood, the bright red tint that took over the tips of his ears was easy to spot in the sun. It was heart warming how much he cared.

"No need. If they follow us again they'll face the consequences." She narrowed her eyes, shooting a glare in the group's direction. They saw what she did to Natsu, Grey, and Gajeel just 30 minutes prior, ans they would NOT be thrown in the river again. Juvia ran behind Gray, Wendy hid behind a tree, and Gajeel finally stood up, rubbing the back of his head. The others took off running in the direction of the guild.

"For what it's worth, your singing voice in beautiful."

"Thanks, Aaron." How long has it been since she's called me by my real name? She pointed further into the woods, the opposite way from the guild. "C'mon."

"Let's go!" Malachi ran ahead and Levin pretended to be an airplane on Aaron's shoulders.

After about 15 minutes of walking, the group spotted a hill. It was good enough where they could sit and just barely see the guild entrance over the other trees in the forest.