Forever

If you're here for the edited version, stop reading for a few days and I'll update when everything is finished! (Shadow I know you're reading this get out rn😭/J(/hj))

—-

Aphmau had snoozed away with Lilith and Levin, waking up to a note next to her face hours later. The kids were still asleep, curled up under the soft covers on each side of their mother. Aphmau groggily reached over Lilith to grab a hold of a hair tie. After tying her hair up, her vision circled back to the note. What is this?

"Aphmau,
Put on something nice and meet me at our tree around 7:30.
-Aaron"

"What the hell? Couldn't he have just asked me in person?" She shrugged it off and quietly got out of bed, doing her best to not wake the kids. Luckily, they'd grown to be heavy sleeper. After successfully getting up without a child attaching themselves to her side, the mother tiptoed over to her wardrobe, dancing around the stray toys that littered the floor from their pre-nap playtime.

Aphmau skimmed through her options, pulling out a black-jean overall skirt and a pastel red sweater with a turtleneck. It had long and puffy bell sleeves that got tighter around the wrists. Tucked into the overalls, It made a cute outfit. To finish it off, she grabbed thick socks and slipped on her docs.

She spent a while on her makeup, using eyeshadow and lipstick that shared the same color as the sweater. She even got risky with winged black eyeliner, letting her hair down and brushing it out.

Aphmau took a moment to stare at herself in the mirror. Her confidence blasted through the roof in no time. Because of her self admiration, she'd lost track of time, only taking notice of the clock when she had just around 7 minutes left till 7:30.

..

I rushed down the stairs and over to Katelyn's house, which was just a little walk away from mine. I explained to her that I needed her to watch the kids and she sighed. I smiled and hugged her out of appreciation before taking off into the woods. Before I knew it, I looked down to see a path of rose petals leading to our tree. I looked up and gazed upon a beautiful setup. There were fairylights hanging on the tree and a square blanket across the top of the hill. A picnic basket was just barely opened on the blanket, emitting a tempting smell. I made my way up the hill and standing before me was Aaron, wearing a dark purple sweater and khaki pants. His bandanna was tied around his wrist.

"Aaron? What's going on? Is there an anniversary that I forgot?" He simply chuckled and took my hands in his.

"Not at all. I just want to ask you something, and by the way, you look stunning." He looked me up and down, signaling for us to sit. He pulled out two plates and multiple tupperwears. The biggest tupperwear held cooked spaghetti, the other had meatballs and sauce, the third had garlic bread. I was practically drooling.

"Aaron, you are my favorite person in the world right now." He put some of the spaghetti on my plate and let me self serve the sauce. I happily grabbed a piece of garlic bread and started chowing down.

I finished eating and looked over to Aaron who had an empty plate. He was looking over at me with a smile.

"What's with that look?" I giggled, he started blushing and he looked away.

"Sorry! I kind of forgot I was staring." He looked away from me, rubbing the back of his head.

"You're too cute, also, what did you want to ask?"

"Hm?" Aaron looked back over at me, realization setting in. He looked a bit antsy. "Oh yeah, what I wanted to ask you earlier. Let's clean up first."

We spent about 5 minutes cleaning up and when everything was back in the basket, I turned my back to Aaron. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me over to him, of course, causing me to blush. I rested my hands on his shoulders and looked up at him.

"Aphmau, about the question I wanted to ask you. You know, we've known eachother for almost 4 years, and now that we've been thinking about moving in together..." He was playing with my hair when he started talking, then he let go, taking a deep breath. "Aphmau, I love you." He bent down on one knee and I gasped.

"Oh my god...Aaron are you..?" He pulled out a small box from his back pocket.

"Aphmau I want you to be apart of my world forever, will you marry me?" I felt myself starting to tear up, covering my mouth.

"YES! YES YES YES!"

———————————————————

3rd Person Pov:

The ecstatic woman tackled the caring man into a hug. They rolled onto the grass with a kiss.

"I love you so much now give me that ring so I can marry you!" Aaron slipped the ring onto Aphmau's ring finger, kissing the back of her hand.

"When do you want to tell the others?" He asked, holding Aphmau's hands.

"We can tell them at the guild tomorrow if you want. Gramps is gonna be back again from that stupid business trip with the council so he'll know too, along with Cana and Lucy because they wanted that little girls trip." Aphmau stared down at her ring with a smile. She brushed over the small diamond with her thumb.

"Sounds good. We probably can't hide the ring for much longer. Someone is bound to see it." The couple moved back up the hill. Aphmau leaned on Aaron, slinging her legs over his lap. They sat together taking about what they were going to do for the wedding.

After an hour or so, they went back to Aphmau's house holding hands. They decided that Aaron would stay the night. That wasn't an abnormal thing for Aaron to do nowadays.

They opened the door to their two rowdy kids running around Katelyn with sticks. They dropped everything and ran to the parents. "MOMMA! PAPA! YOU'RE BACK!" Levin yelled. Lilith was still quite little so Levin grabbed her hand, pulling her with him.

"Thank Irene you two are back!" Katelyn sighed, laying down face first on the couch. The smaller woman picked up ginger haired girl, pecking her on the nose. Levin went to Aaron, who bent down to talk to the blond haired boy.

"Katelyn, you can head home when you want. We really do thank you for taking care of them."

"Of course Aph, that's what friends are for. Also, your kids didn't cause much trouble, besides for them trying to beat me and eachother with sticks."

"Good to hear!" Aphmau smiled. Katelyn stayed for a bit longer before heading back to her own home. Aphmau and Aaron played with the kids before putting them into their room to sleep. After the raven haired woman cranked up the music box, the two adults let the melody play and they exited the room.

Aphmau changed into some comfortable shorts and a purple tee shirt. Aaron changed into flannel pajama pants and a black tee.

They laid down in their bed, Aaron immediately pulling Aphmau close to him. Truth be told, Aaron loved when Aphmau was close to him because he knew that she was safe. He didn't want her to get hurt. Now he wouldn't have to let her go, considering the fact that they were going to be getting married.

In the little space they had between their chests, they held hands. Aaron ran his thumb over Aphmau's ring, pulling her hand up to his face and kissing the back of it.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

———————————————————