(52)

corpse takes you to explore an abandoned building he found.

you clutched onto corpse's free hand as he drove the car.

"you sure this is a good idea?" you asked him, chewing on your lip.

he laughed and glanced over at you, until he saw that you were serious. "of course, baby. i used to come here all the time when i was younger." he said, rubbing his thumb against the back of your hand. "i promise you'll be fine, just stay close to me"

he parked the car a little bit away from the building and looked over at you "...but if you really don't feel up to it we can go home-"

you cut him off. "no! it's fine, i'm just a little nervous, it's creepy out here..." you said while getting out of the car. you mumbled things to yourself and corpse put a hand on your back, causing you to jump.

"woah! are you sur-"

"yeah yeah, let's go!" you said nervously and held his hand tight, he gave you a reassuring smiled and walked inside with you.

upon entering through a back window, you started coughing.

"oh here, put this mask on it will help with the dust and mold." he said softly, putting the mask on your face after putting his own on.

"woah...how did you find this place?" you looked up at the other side of the room, but he wasn't there. the only reason you looked over that direction was because you heard something walk into the room.

you bit your lip and looked around. "corpse this isn't funny..." no answer. "corpse?" you called out, but still no answer.

at this point it had been over five minutes since you last saw corpse, the property was a good size so he could be anywhere. when you finally found the entrance to the building, a hand was placed on the small of your back.

you jumped and screamed a little bit, quickly turning around.

"woah, baby it's only me...where did you go? i was so worried! are you hurt?" corpse asked frantically, pulling you out of the building and hugging you tightly.

"i-im fine, i don't know...one minute you were with me and the next i was all alone and lost." you mumbled, pushing your head into his chest, taking in his scent.

corpse sighed and rubbed your back, "i'm so sorry for bringing us here, honey...it was a bad idea, im sorry for putting you in danger." he scolded himself, laying his head on top of your head, just holding you close, not wanting to leg you go ever again.

you pulled away and held his face. "hey...calm down, i agreed to come here too, if i didn't want to come i wouldn't have. things happen...let's just be happy nothing super bad happened!" you reassured him.

he took a deep breath and closed his eyes, nodding slowly. "yeah...you're right...let's go home." he mumbled and pulled you close again, walking back to the car.

the car ride back home was mainly silent, except for the soft murmurings of the radio.

as soon as you both got inside the house and the door was locked and closed. corpse gently grabbed your face and kissed you.

you were surprised at first at the sudden abruptness but kissed him back nonetheless.

after a minute or so, corpse reluctantly pulled away from your lips. "i just...i don't know what i'd do without you...going there made me realize i've kind of been taking you for granted, my love...and i never wanna do that again." he whispered and kissed you again.

okay so happy new years <3
yeah this one was more dramatic than it should have been but whatever, important news is that im back to writing!!! hope you all enjoyed!