(38)

corpse was on his phone laying in bed with you asleep by his side

corpse was on his phone laying in bed with you asleep by his side. he couldn't sleep much but would still lay with you sometimes just so you know that he's there for you.

he felt like someone was looking at him so he put his phone down and looked at the doorway jumping slightly when he saw a small figure standing there until he realized it was his daughter.

"sweet heart? what are you doing awake?" he asked quietly, sitting up.

he had to admit she was a bit creepy at times but most children are. right?

she walked towards the bed and held her arms up. she wasn't tall enough to climb into the bed being only three.

corpse chuckled and picked her up, laying down on his back and setting her on his stomach.

"what am i going to do with you, darling?" he said, brushing her messy hair out of her face.

she whined quietly and laid her head against his chest.

"had a bad dream, daddy. need you to 'tect me from monsters." she said quietly, looking up at him.

corpse smiled and held her close.

"daddy will protect you from everything." he said softly and hummed to her to help her go back to sleep.

when everyone woke up everything was perfect and went along smoothly. you three were outside, you were sitting at the table reading a book while corpse was playing with your daughter.

the sun was starting to set and it was starting to get colder outside.

"guys cmon let's go inside and play! it's getting cold." you called out to them picking up your book and opening the back door.

your daughter whined and sat down on the ground with her arms crossed.

"i don't wanna go inside!" she said.

corpse laughed softly and crouched in front of her.

"cmon it's not like you have to go to bed, we're gunna play inside where it's nice and cozy!" he said holding her cheek in his hand, gently brushing his thumb over her freckles.

she shook her head and protested some more. corpse eventually got fed up and cold, so he picked her up and held her right no matter how much she tried to wiggle away.

he sat down in one of the chairs in his bedroom placing her in his lap. by now she was crying and throwing a tantrum.

corpse sighed and held her close rubbing her back and running his hand through her hair. he sat there for about thirty minutes just rocking her and saying soft things to her until she calmed down.

she sniffled softly and held onto his shirt.

"i know you didn't want to come inside but it was getting cold. didn't you start to feel cold?" he asked her gently.

she nodded and rubbed her eyes. "mhm."

corpse nodded. "we can go back out tomorrow, okay? and even earlier."

she nodded and pulled away a bit. "i'm sorry for yelling at you, daddy," she said quietly.

corpse smiled softly and stood up with her in his arms. "cmon let's go watch a movie in the living room and cuddle til bedtime. how does that sound?"

she giggled softly and nodded.