(22)

you looked over at corpse from the other side of your table

you reached your hand over to hold his. "hey, are you okay?" you asked softly, giving him worried eyes.

corpse stopped his fidgeting, momentarily to look at you. "hm? yeah i'm just a bit nervous." he said softly, trying to have you a smile, but you could tell it was forced.

you frowned softly and ran your thumb along the top of his hand. "hey, you can tell me anything." you whispered softly.

corpse nodded softly and bit his lip. "well um, i've loved you for a very long time y/n." he started.

you laughed softly. "well i hope so." you said softly causing him to laugh as well.

corpse smiled and went on pouring his heart out to you.

you nodded and smiled while he talked.

"what i'm really trying to say is, well-" he got cut off by the waitress giving him the tab.

you were looking at him anxiously.

"well?" you asked anxiously, watching as he signed the check and handed it back to her.

corpse stood up and extended his hand to you. you sighed softly and grabbed onto his hand.

the car ride was silent, just you tapping your foot impatiently.

as corpse as driving he missed the turn to the house, you didn't say anything you just watched out the window.

soon the car stopped, you'd fallen asleep however long ago. corpse shook you awake and smiled softly.

"cmon, baby, we're here." he said softly.

you furrowed your brows and then smiled. he took you to the place where you carved your names in a tree on your first date.

you got out and walked to the tree.

you ran your fingers along the faded knife marks. you smiled and turned around.

you gasped softly at the sight and brought your hands up to your face. "corpse." you whispered

corpse bit his lip. "so what i'm trying to say is. will you marry me?" he asked softly.

he was standing in front of you with a ring box in his hands, looking at you.

you threw your arms around his neck causing him to almost drop the ring.

"of course i will!" you said.

you pulled away and kissed him which he obviously kissed back.

"cmon let's go home now." he smiled happily and slipped the ring onto your finger, walking you back to the car.

you both couldn't wait to tell all your friends.