(44)

it was corpse's 21st birthday and you decided to throw him a small party, since he never liked surprises you warned him beforehand

it was corpse's 21st birthday and you decided to throw him a small party, since he never liked surprises you warned him beforehand. he told you he didn't really want anyone else coming, he said he just wanted to spend time with you and get drunk (legally) for the first time.

you open the door slowly when you heard a knock. corpse had to buy the alcohol since you were only 20. corpse let out a small smile as you let him in and helped him take his coat off.

"well?" you asked him with a smile.

corpse let out a small laugh. "well what?" he asked, setting the bottles down on the kitchen table.

you rolled your eyes playfully and looked up at him. "how does it feel to be 21? does it feel any different?" you giggled softly.

corpse felt himself melt  at the sound of your soft laugh. "i feel tired. even more than usual. maybe because you made me stay up all night to sing me happy birthday." he hummed.

you rolled your eyes and gave him a hug. "happy birthday. oh i have your present!" you pulled away reluctantly and ran up to your room and brought down a small box.

corpse opened it and smiled. "this is so sweet. thank you." he mumbled happily and put the bracelet you made for him on, he then pulled you into another hug, loving the feeling.

"cmon let's start drinking!" he said and pulled away, grabbing one of the bottles.

"corpse, i'm not legal yet." you laughed.

corpse rolled his eyes. "that's never stopped you before, but i won't pressure you."

a few hours later and a bottle and a half of whipped vodka later, corpse had his head laid in your lap, his pupils dilated.

"corpsie?" you asked softly.

corpse slowly made his eyes up to your face. "hmmmmmm?" he hummed out, ending it with a quiet giggle.

you smiled fondly and ran your hands through his curls. "are you doing alright?" you said quietly.

corpse nodded with a lazy half grin. "perfect! i just..." he trailed off.

you furrowed your brows. "you what?"

corpse sighed and sat up, laying his head in the crook of your neck. "i'm kinda in love with you." he mumbled.

you blushed softly, obviously you felt the same way. "corpse, you're drunk you don't know what you're saying." you frowned softly.

corpse pushed his head up and cupped your cheeks in his hands. "i don't care, i still really like you." he said looking into your eyes.

you smiled softly and pulled his head back down to your lap. "we'll talk about this tomorrow." you smiled softly and played with his hair.