(46)

corpse hasn't been paying much attention to you recently, and has been extremely dry.

TW!!! LIGHT PANIC ATTACK

you put your chin on your knees as you blinked back tears. corpse hadn't answered your calls or messages all day, you were pretty sure he was mad at you, but you didn't know what for.

after about thirty more minutes your phone dinged, the ringing noise made you lightheaded as you flipped your phone over, seeing a message from corpse.

"sorry, i've been streaming. you can come over if you want."

the message made your heart jump a bit, you got up and quickly got ready, making yourself look presentable.

when you arrived at his apartment, you opened the door with your spare key and looked around the apartment, it was always the same. a sudden wave of calm washed over you as you closed the door behind you, it was too calm.

you set your bag down and looked around for corpse.

"corpse?" you called out.

a small hum left his lips, he was laying on his side on the couch, mindlessly scrolling through twitter.

you sat down on the near by chair and watched him, before finally speaking up.

"so what do you wanna do?" you asked.

corpse glanced over at you before looking back to his phone, shrugging his shoulders gently.

a soft sigh left your lips as you slumped in the arm chair, looking down at your shoes.

corpse set his phone down. "what?" he asked, a slight edge of annoyance in his voice.

"you just invited me over and now you're ignoring me." you said gently.

a small groan left his lips as he sat up and looked at you. "sorry that not everything is about you, i've been really busy with streaming and the new song. i thought you'd understand that." he said.

you frowned softly and furrowed your brows, you always tried your best to be supportive. "i do understand, it's just that you never answer my texts anymore and-and you don't ever say that you love me-"

you were cut off by corpse standing up, flinching while he did.

he eyes widened and hurt flashed into his eyes. did you think that he was going to hit you?

corpse grit his teeth lightly. "you know that i love you. i didn't know you'd start doubting me. i'm going to go cool off before i say something i might regret." he mumbled and turned and stormed off to his room, slamming the door behind him.

you jumped yet again at the loud slam, the tears finally leaving your eyes and flowing down to your cheeks.

you tried to keep your sobs at a quiet noise, but at some point you couldn't. he didn't even come out to apologize.

at some point while you were crying out your stress you fell asleep. your head slumped over the side of the arm rest, your legs curled up under you.

when corpse finally came out, he felt terrible. he knows how fragile you are and he took that for granted and just broke you. for what? for fame? for friends?

he sat down on his knees in front of you, a wet paper towel in his hands. he ran the towel along your cheeks to get rid of the once wet eyeliner streams.

the sudden cold on your cheeks caused you to slowly wake up. corpse froze and waited for you to notice him, once you did, your eyes widened as you saw him sitting in front of you. he looked just as broken as you did.

your tears started again and you closed your eyes, you didn't want to see the look on his face as he watched you cry your heart out all because of him.

he gently wrapped his arms around you and pulled you down onto his lap, rubbing your back and petting your hair, trying to calm you down.

"do you want me to give you space?" he asked quietly.

you shook your head and buried your face into his chest. "no. please don't leave." you sobbed gently.

corpse nodded softly and held you tight to his chest the remainder of the night.