Trouble

*Coral's P.O.V*

I watched Vivian interact with my parents with a small smile before I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked at Levi who gestured to the door where Ashely was standing. I got up carefully and followed him over to the door. All three of us left the room and I looked between my two older siblings.

"What's wrong?" I asked, noticing their concerned looks.

"Curtis," Ashley said, my eyes narrowing at the mention of his name.

"What about Curtis?" I asked as my eye twitched.

"He was spotted in the kingdom today, close to Vivian's house," Levi said.

"God damn it. If he knows what's good for him then he'll stay away from my pet," I said through gritted teeth.

"Well he doesn't know what's good for him. He's getting quite close to the house too," Ashley stated. "I think it would be in Vivian's best interest if she came here for a little while so that we could keep an eye on her," she said.

"You want me to bring my kitten here so that she basically ends up being a prisoner in the castle. Is that what you're telling me?" I asked as I put my hands on my hips.

"It's the best thing for her. We're trying to keep her safe," Levi explained. "I know you don't want to but it is our safest option," he said as he hugged me. I pushed him away with a frown as I turned around and punched the wall. I winced at the pain that shot through my hand and shook my hand.

"What the hell are you doing?" my mother asked, making me freeze as I looked to the side. She had obviously left the room at some point. "You better not have left a mark on my wall or have chipped my paint," she said as she inspected the wall before taking a look at my hand. "It'll bruise but you probably deserve that for hitting the wall for no reason," she stated.

"Ashley and Levi want me to move Vivian here because Curtis was spotted in the kingdom," I said, making her eyes narrow as she looked at my siblings. 

"Snitch," Ashley muttered as she looked away with a small frown. 

"Levi, Ashley," my mother said, my siblings both bowing their heads. "Why was I not informed earlier?" she asked.

"We didn't want to upset you," Levi stated as I slid behind my mother to get out of her path of wrath. "And clearly our plan didn't work because you're still very clearly upset with us," he muttered.

"Ashley, what's your reasoning?" my mother asked as she put her hands on her hips.

"The same reasoning that Levi used," Ashley smiled innocently as she shot me a look from behind my mother.

"Whose idea was it to keep it a secret from me?" my mother asked, making them share a look before looking down.

"Okay so here is what's happening. Levi, guard duty for the rest of this week. The night shift," my mother said, earning a groan from Levi. Guard duty was basically where one had to stand in as a guard which wasn't any fun. "Ashley, I expect that you find a way to make your schedule work because I will be having you do the majority of the paperwork for the rest of this week," she stated with a frown. "Coral, you will be the one to explain to Vivian why she has to come stay here for a while," she added, making me stare at her with a frown.

"I didn't do anything wrong. Unlike these two, I just found out about Curtis," I said as I leaned my head over her shoulder and looked at her with a pout.

"Because she is your pet and as her owner it is your job to tell her things like this," my mother said as she glanced at me with a frown. I sighed as I nodded. 

"This is bullshit, I'm the queen. I shouldn't have to listen to my mother," Ashley muttered, making my mother tense up. I glanced at my sister feeling fear for what would happen to her.

"Would you like to repeat that Ashley?" my mother asked, her tone dangerous and low. 

"Mother, I'm sure Ashley didn't mean it," I said as I leaned my head slightly to rest against her. She reached up and played with my hair while still staring at my sister.

"I...no ma'am," Ashley said softly as she glanced at me gratefully. My mother had a very dominant attitude towards most things but as the 'baby' of the family, I could usually distract her and get her to soften up. I knew she was both upset about Curtis being back in the kingdom and the fact my siblings weren't going to tell her. So Ashley cursing and having an attitude wouldn't help the situation. Besides I may just be a mommy's girl but my mother deserved a break from doing the majority of the paperwork to help my sister out. Normally my mother did about 65% of the paperwork which meant that Ashley had it relatively easy.

"That's what I thought," my mother said as she turned her head and kissed my forehead. I smiled at the simple act of affection as I lifted my head up and kissed her cheek. "Next time you decided to backtalk Ashley, speak up," she stated. "You know I don't like mumbling," she said as she turned around and brushed past me going back into the lounge.

"Oh Ashley you were so close to dying," Levi muttered as he winced slightly. "Great, now I have to explain to Marcel why I have to be on guard duty and he'll be mad at me," he said as he rubbed the back of his neck. 

"Have fun with that. You're going to have a very angry little on your hands," I smirked, making him glare at me. 

"Don't get mad at her, we did technically deserve this for not telling mom," Ashley said with a shrug. "Now I have to go do paperwork, so fun. Levi you should go explain to Marcel what happened and Coral you need to go explain to Vivian that she has to stay with us," she stated, making me groan as I nodded my head with a soft sigh.

"Fine," I agreed reluctantly.