Attack

Have this chapter a bit earlier than planned

*Vivian's P.O.V*

I looked at Coral who wrapped arm around me reassuringly. Both of Coral's parents looked at the door of the restaurant as another explosion shook the building. The guards who had accompanied them stepped away, seeming to try and get in contact with more guards.

One of the guards gestured to us to follow them after a moment of talking between them. Coral kept an arm around me as the guard opened a door to a more secluded room, one without windows. All of the restaurant patrons seemed to be gathered in the smaller room.

"Well this certainly puts a damper on the thing we wanted to tell you," Coral joked. I rolled my eyes as I elbowed her in the side. She huffed as she looked at me with a small frown.

"Is now really the time for jokes?" I questioned her.

"It's how I cope," Coral stated as she kissed my cheek gently. "Anyways, Vivian and I are getting married," she informed our parents suddenly. I hadn't wanted us to just blurt it out to them, I had wanted to slowly work up to telling them.

"You're serious?" Coral's mother asked, raising an eyebrow slightly.

"Yes," I said as Coral nodded her head with a small smile on her lips.

"Well congratulations," Coral's father said with a grin on his lips. "I'm happy for you both," he stated as another explosion sounded farther away.

"Yes, congratulations to you both," my mother said as she reached over and cupped my face gently. "I'm so glad you two are happy together," she murmured.

"I didn't think I would be getting a daughter-in-law so soon," Coral's mother said with a wry chuckle. Her eyes drifted over to the guards, worry evident in her eyes. I reached over and rested my hand over hers, making her look at me.

"Everything's going to be okay," I whispered as I interlaced our fingers. She smiled weakly at me as she leaned against her husband.

I nuzzled into Coral who wrapped her arms around me tightly. Her hand gently tangled in my hair as she pressed a gentle kiss to my lips.

The building shook as another explosion sounded, this time much closer than before. Stuff had started to fall from shelves in the room and that's when people really started panicking. Many decided that they would rather risk going out in the streets than staying in the building.

The guards seemed to be in a heated discussion before they moved closer. They seemed to reach an agreement rather quickly when the building shook again.

"We're going to have to risk moving to a more secure building. This building won't hold for much longer," one of the guards said. "Two at a time you'll run out the back to the black car sitting right outside the door. It'll be a tight fit but our position has been compromised enough," he said. I looked to Coral nervously as her arms tightened around me.

"I'll protect you my princess," she murmured against my neck, pressing a gentle kiss to my shoulder. I nodded my head as she let go of me after a moment. We all moved closer to the back door, Coral's parents going first and then Coral and I. My parents followed suit and as soon as they were in the car, it took off.

I was sitting on Coral's lap, refusing to move away from her for any reason. I would be lying if I said that I wasn't absolutely terrified but having her hand on my waist was quite reassuring. The air conditioning turned on and I let out a small breath, feeling the cool air blow onto my sweaty face.

There was something off about the air though, it smelled sort of bitter. I tried to open my mouth to say something but my head felt heavy all of the sudden. My mouth refused to move no matter how hard I tried and I noticed that I wasn't the only one who was struggling to move or speak all of a sudden.

Coral's hand seemed to be digging into my hip with how hard she was holding onto me. I knew that something was wrong but I knew things were worse when the car suddenly veered off the road. The front of the car slammed into the corner of the building and my head slammed into the window, cracking it and most likely breaking my nose based on how hard I had hit it.

I would be lying if I said that I was surprised by the door opening, I figured someone had to come help. However, the way I was grabbed roughly and pulled out of Coral's lap, I knew immediately that this person wasn't helping. I struggled weakly against the hold, trying to reach back for Coral as blood dripped down my face.

"Stop it," the man's voice was next to my ear and rough, almost as rough as his hand jerking my hand away from Coral. I heard people shouting nearby and heard footsteps but the man seemed to be a step ahead of them. "Back the fuck up or I'll kill her," he ordered and I felt something cold press against the side of my head.

If I had control of my body I would have fought back. I still tried to even as I felt my consciousness fade away, the pain and whatever I had inhaled made it harder with every second that passed. I managed to stay awake enough for me to realize I was being placed in the back of a van, my eyes landing on a window that was on the back door.

I managed to smear some of the blood from my nose onto the window as the man laid me down in the back, slamming the door behind him. He climbed past me to get through the front and I knew when I saw him that he was Curtis. My eyes couldn't stay open any longer and I ended up being jerked around as the van started driving, one of the turns it took making me roll across the van. My head hit against a person's leg and that was the last thing I remembered before unconsciousness took me.