Announcement

*Vivian's P.O.V*
I looked up from my phone when we got back home. I put my phone in my back pocket, knowing that being on it would be rude during the party. Being rude when you are stuck around a bunch of doms and being the only sub would not end well for me. It certainly wouldn't end well for my bottom.

I got out of the car, glancing at my mother as she got out. "You ready for this?" she asked as her hand rested on my back. I shook my head making her sigh softly. "Well you have a few seconds left to prepare for this," she said as we walked up the steps.

"I don't think I'm ready for this mom," I said as I stepped back, her hand pushing me forward again.

"Well you need to do this, the longer you wait then the longer everyone else waits. You know how impatient everyone in this entire family is," she told me. I sighed and nodded, watching her hand turn the doorknob. She pushed the door open and I took a deep breath and stepped inside the house.

"Well lookie who it is, our little Vivi," my grandmother said, being the first one to approach me. I laughed as I hugged her, smiling as she rocked us back and forth. My grandmother was my father's mom and she looked every bit like him too. My grandfather, her husband, had black hair and dark green eyes so everyone always used to tease him about my dad being his kid even though my grandmother would never cheat. She loved my grandfather to much to even consider looking at another man.

"Where?"I asked making her roll her eyes and shake her head. She held me close and rubbed my back before letting me go.

"Oh I've missed you. I really think me and your grandfather should move back here so we can see you more," she stated while looking me over. "Every time I leave you seem to get more and more grown up and we can't have that can we?" she asked making me shake my head.

"Why would you move back? So you can corrupt the poor girl?" my grandmama asked. I smiled and hugged her, earning a small laugh. My grandmama was my mother's mom if the brunette hair and same facial structure didn't give it away. My mother had gotten her signature hazel eyes from my grandpa and that was the only they had in common since my grandpa had a much more defined face shape and almost white hair his entire life.

"I've missed you grandmama," I said making her shake her head as she scratched my back gently.

"I've missed you too angel," she murmured before she let me go. "Maria's right though, you must stop growing up for us," she stated making me sigh.

"I've tried," I said as I rested my head on her shoulder for a second before I was swept into my grandpa's embrace. "Hi grandpa," I said as he pulled back after a second.

"Oh it is so good to see you," he said. "I feel like I haven't seen you since you were a tiny baby," he told me making me laugh.

"You saw me at Christmas," I pointed out making him shake his head.

"That was so long ago," he said dramatically as he put a hand to his forehead. I squealed when my grandfather swooped in and grabbed me, holding me close to his chest.

"Can you all stop with the sneak attacks?" I asked with a laugh as I smiled softly.

"No," he replied making me sigh and shake my head. "Don't sigh and shake your head at me," he said acting offended.

"As cute as your little catch up is, we came for Vivian's classification, not for you to all be lovey dovey on her," Aunt Maya said as my grandfather released me.

"Hi Aunt Maya," I said, greeting her quietly. I knew that once she found out I was a pet she was going to hold me to high expectations which wasn't fair. She may be strict but I was a brat and being a pet certainly wasn't going to change that. In fact it may make it worse since it would be so easy to convince people to do anything I wanted with puppy dog eyes.

"Hello Vivian," she said as she gave me a quick hug. "Now I'm dying to hear about your classification as I'm sure everyone else is," she told me. I nodded as I glanced at my mother who was holding the bag I had been given.

"Alright," I sighed and went over to my mother. "Please announce it for me mom, I can't do it," I whispered as I hid against her slightly as she tried to hand me my certificate.

"Vivian," she sighed shaking her head.

"Please mama, I can't do it," I shook my head as tears pricked my eyes.

"Fine," she sighed as she kissed my forehead. "Don't cry," she muttered as she wiped the bottoms of my eyes with her thumb.

"What's going on?" My grandmother asked staring at me and my mother with a suspicious look on her face.

"Vivian's just a bit scared to announce her classification," my mother said as she smiled reassuringly. "You know how she hates talking in front of others," she stated as she waved her hand dismissively.

"Alright," my grandmother said as my mother led me to the platform at the bottom of the steps, having me step up after her. Everyone else went and found a seat. I had only gotten to talk to a few members of my very large family. I clung to my mother as she lifted my certificate up. Everyone fell silent and you could basically hear how anxious they all were to find out my classification.

"Now I know we all had our thoughts on what Vivian was going to be classified as. I don't think any of you got her classification right though," my mother said as she kept me close. "Vivian has been officially classified as a puppy/kitten switch," she stated causing everyone to start murmuring to each other.

"Silence," Aunt Maya called out making everyone stop talking. "Did you say puppy/kitten switch?" she asked.

"Yes, yes I did," my mother said as she rubbed my back and making me look at her.

"Those are extremely rare. Only one out of every couple of hundred thousands get that classification. I've only had the pleasure of training two in my whole career," she stated making everyone share a look with each other. They went back to talking quietly before turning to smile at me. I squirmed slightly at the amount of eyes now on me.

I realized now that I shouldn't have been worried about what they would have thought about me being a pet but rather how protective they would now be. I could see the protectiveness in their eyes and it made me hide behind my mother to keep their eyes off of me. She chuckled as she turned around and pulled me close. "I think you'll find going out with friends a lot harder now my dear," she stated making me pout slightly while looking up at her. She crossed her arms over her chest with a small smile on her face while rolling her eyes at my pouting. I knew that pouting usually bothered her but she would let it slide since it was my birthday.