Park

How do you ask someone if they're interested in writing a book together? Cause there's two people I want to write a book with and they have like no clue.

*Vivian's P.O.V*
I bounced eagerly in my seat as I looked out the passenger seat window. I was going to see Coral today and we were going to be at the park today. Not just any park but a pet one so I was going to make tons of friends, I just knew it!

"Calm down baby," my mother said as she glanced at me. "I know you're excited but you're bouncing in your seat like a bunny," she chuckled.

"I can't calm down, I'm so excited," I replied as I smiled. "I haven't seen Coral in forever," I stated.

"You literally met her two days ago," my mother felt the need to point out. I pouted at her for ruining my fun as we pulled into the parking lot of the park. I unbuckled and hopped out of the car right before she was fully stopped. I looked around to try and spot Coral as I stood still.

"Vivian! How many times do I have to tell you not to get out of the car before we're fully stopped," my mother said as she got out of the car and walked over to me. "Now you've lost free roaming privileges," she said as she got my leash out of her purse and clipped it to the two rings of my tags.

"But mom, I'm just excited to see Coral," I whined as I fidgeted slightly.

"It doesn't matter Vivian. What you did was stupid and dangerous so you get to be leashed," she stated. I loved being leashed usually but not when it was a punishment. I pouted as I stood there with a frown, my eyes lighting up when I looked around and saw Coral walking towards us.

I glanced at my mother and saw that she was checking her phone, the leash not being held very tightly so I did the only rational thing. I jerked my leash out of her hand, ignoring her shocked noises, as I ran to Coral. I jumped up on her and knocked her down while clinging to her.

"Vivian," Coral laughed as she held me close, rubbing my back gently. She sat up while holding me close and gently grabbing my leash.

"Vivian!" My mother's voice made me look back at her. She looked unhappy which made me hide my face into her neck. "What were you thinking! You can't run off like that," she said making me whine softly.

"She's right pet, you shouldn't run off," Coral said making me nod my head reluctantly. "What's with this leash though?" She asked as she picked up my blue leash.

"Vivian has a thing about jumping out of the car before I'm finally parked so I use this when she does this," my mother said with a small frown.

"Well the solution that most people do is make pets ride in the backseat and use the child lock on the doors so that they have to wait for someone to get them out. That way they learn to wait and also realize that the back is where they're going to be let out at so it's best to stay there," Coral said as she got up and picked me up, letting me get comfortable in her arms before straightening up.

"I think I'll be doing that from now on then that way Vivian will stop giving me heart attacks because she wants to jump out of the car," ny mother said.

"I just get excited," I murmured making her sigh and kiss my forehead.

"I know baby but you can't rush out of the car anymore. One day you could get hurt," she stated. "I think I'll leave you two now, I have some things I need to get done," she said.

"Like my pet room?" I asked. She had promised me one and was still in the process of making it so that it suited me perfectly.

"Yes darling, like your pet room," she said while kissing my cheek gently. "Bye bye now," she said before turning and going to her car. I waved after her before turning to look at Coral.

"Park?" I asked as I looked towards the large fences that stopped well before they should have. There was 20 feet between them and the sidewalk. 20 feet of perfect running area that went to waste because of that stupid fence.

"Yes sweetheart, we're going to park," she said as she set me down and held my leash tightly in her hand. "If you run off or try to run off, just remember that I have no issue with punishing you pup," she whispered making me squirm.

I hadn't really earned a punishment yet. Sometimes my toys would get taken and I wouldn't have something to play with if I was disobedient but I had always found something else to play with. The carpet was a good substitute but my mother hadn't been happy when I ripped it up. She also didn't like when I scratched up her wall paper but she took my feather toy so it was a fair trade off in my opinion.

"That fair to you pet?" Coral asked making me look at her with confusion. "You weren't listening were you?" She asked making me shake my head with a blush as she carried me to the park entrance. She sighed and pulled a card out, scanning it before the gate opened and allowed us in. She then had to open another gate and we were in the park.

"Where do you want to go Vivian?" She asked while looking around the park.

"You can call me Vivi," I said as I pointed to a bench underneath a tree. We walked over to it and she sat down, me sitting on her lap happily.

"Then you can call me Cora," she said. "It's the nickname my mother calls me," she stated when she saw the confusion on my face making me nod in understanding.