Meeting

I changed Coral's twin brother's name from Markus to Levi because I already have a character named Markus in another book which I forgot about and I hate using the same names for characters in books.

*Coral's P.O.V*

Vivian was still extremely nervous and I could tell that but I was also trying to keep her calm so that my family could actually get to meet my little kitten. I knew that if it became too overwhelming then I could easily pull her away to let her have some space to breathe. 

"Are you sure your family will like me? I mean what if they hate me," Vivian asked as she tilted her head up to look at me. I knew that if I wasn't carrying her that she would have bolted by now.

"They won't hate you. They will love you and they will especially love that we have a pet now in the family. Most of my family ends up with a caregiver classification so the fact that I am an owner was surprising and they really love the idea of having a pet in the family so they're already rooting for me to marry you," I said with a small smile on my lips.

"Did they give you a time frame for when you had to marry me? I would like to know when you will propose to me," Vivian asked, making me roll my eyes.

"No luckily I get to choose when to marry you which means that I can surprise you," I said as I kissed her cheek gently. Vivian smiled as she pursed her lips, her way of asking me to kiss her. I kissed her lips gently with a smile.

"Stop making out," my mother said as she walked around a corner making Vivian jump slightly from surprise. "I am sorry, I did not mean to startle you Vivian," she said as she approached me. 

"It's fine, I just wasn't expecting anyone to appear so suddenly," Vivian said honestly as she smiled at my mother. "It's nice to see you again," she said making my mother smile.

"I am so glad you and my little Cora are together, you two make such a cute couple," my mother said. "If Coral ever upsets you let me know and I'll throw her in the dungeon," she whispered to Vivian making her giggle softly.

"Mother, you can't throw me in the dungeon, you have to banish me if I ever upset her," I said, making my mother smile.

"Banish you? Being thrown in the dungeon and banished would be light punishments if you ever upset this girl," my mother said. 

"As you know this is my mother Eve, you know my sister Ashley. Then you have Levi who is my twin brother and my father's name is Benjamin," I said.

"Is Levi the one who threatened me?"  Vivian asked with a frown on her lips.

"No, Levi is older then me and he would never threaten anyone. He loves pets and littles, you'll meet him and his little later," I told her. "The brother that threatened you is named Curtis and he is not considered family anymore," I said softly, whispering my brother's name.

"Do not say his name again Coral, we know no one by that name," my mother said as she glared at me. "Come Vivian, I think my husband would love to meet you. He loves pets," she said as she softened her tone when speaking to Vivian. I know that she only got angry because I said Curtis' name which was a sensitive subject. She was heartbroken when she had found out what he had done but had been the first to cast him out, the rest of the family following suit soon after.

"I'm already here," my father said as he popped around the corner. He had been the most excited when he found out I was a pet owner because he was fascinated with pets and found them to be the most adorable thing ever.

"Of course you are," my mother rolled her eyes as she smiled. "Forgive my husband if he acts a little over eager, he just really loves pets," she explained to Vivian who nodded. 

"It's lovely to meet you," my father said as he approached and held his hand out which Vivian shook shyly. "I must say Layla, I'm surprised that your daughter ended up with a sub classification at all," he said as he looked at Vivian's mother who had just been following behind me silently for the most part.

"Her father and I were also shocked but she seemed to naturally fall into once she was classified," Layla said as she smiled softly. "I'm just glad that she is happy with her classification and got blessed enough to run into a good owner like your daughter," she stated.

"Yes run into," my mother muttered which made Layla smirk. My mother had pestered Layla about a meetup that Vivian would be attending until she knew which one which is where I met her.

"Is there a reason you're all just standing in the middle of the hallway?" Ashley asked, her voice right behind me. I turned around to let her see Vivian which made her grin. "Oh Vivian, it's wonderful to see you again," she beamed.

"It's nice to see you again too Ashley," Vivian whispered which made my older sister pout.

"Oh come on, I don't bite...much," Ashley laughed as she smiled softly.

"She does bite, don't trust her lies," I said, making Vivian giggle as she nuzzled her head into my chest.

"Let's go back to the lounge so we can all have a seat together," my mother said as she took the lead to take us to the lounge room.

"Me and Vivian," I started to say only for my mother to look at me.

"Vivian and I," she corrected making me groan as I rolled my eyes.

"Vivian and I will be going to my room for a moment because I wanted to show her some toys I got her," I stated as I rubbed Vivian's back. 

"Okay well hurry up, the whole point of this was for us to meet her," my mother said as she rolled her eyes with a frown.

"You have all met her so technically I could leave with her right now," I stated.

"Don't you dare," my mother said as she glared at me making me laugh as I walked off towards my room, my hand scratching Vivian's back gently.