Escape

*Vivian's P.O.V*

Marcel had managed to slowly scoot over to me. It was a lot harder to move a chair across a room when you were tied to it then the movies made it seem. I knew that because Marcel ended up tipping his chair over. He managed to land on his side and I sighed softly at the loud noise that made.

"This is nothing like the action movies," Marcel groaned as he tried to push himself across the floor with his feet. He actually seemed to be making more progress that way so I just let him do that.

"Man you would make a terrible spy," I pointed out as I tried to figure out how to pick up the piece of glass. Although I could move my left arm, it was very painful. I managed to move it enough to go over to the piece of glass that was under my leg. My fingers curled around it, the sharp glass cutting my fingers.

Curtis may have come back to clean up the glass but he never even thought to check under my leg. I watched as Marcel scooted closer, managing to pass the piece of glass to him. He struggled to cut the rope but I knew that there was no way I could help him. My fingers were red with hot and slick blood.

"Why is cutting rope so hard?" Marcel muttered as he continued to press the piece of glass against the rope, slowly cutting away against the thick rope. The glass had cut at his hand but not as bad as mine seeing as he could still fully feel both of his arms.

"You should have been a boy scout or something to plan ahead for this," I muttered as I rested my head against the brick wall.

"I am so sorry that I didn't plan ahead for getting kidnapped, your royal pain in the ass," Marcel muttered as he managed to cut the first rope. There was something about being trapped in a basement for days on end and having to sit in your own excrement that made you feel really sarcastic.

"I am not a pain in the ass, that more fits Curtis," I replied as I rolled my eyes. Marcel snorted as he continued to saw at the rope, having a bit more movement available because of the fact that the first rope was cut.

"Who is this thorough and has so many ropes?" he asked.

"A walking red flag?" I responded, a small hysterical giggling escaping me. I was slowly losing my mind and I felt like if I didn't get out of here soon then I never would.

"Or a man who really likes bondage," Marcel responded. I snorted at that as Marcel managed to cut through the second rope. That seemed to be the main rope that kept his arms restrained and once that was gone he seemed to have no difficulty with cutting the rest of the ropes.

"So now what is the plan?" I asked as Marcel stood up, immediately having to take a second to wake up his asleep legs. We had planned for him getting free but we now had to decide if it was worth it for him to try and free me or make an escape.

"I'm going to look for something to break your handcuffs," Marcel muttered. He started to explore the basement, checking shelves for anything that could be used to break the handcuffs. He was quick and thorough with looking for things. Being a guard must have made it extremely easy for him to look around.

"Have you considered being a professional searcher for things?" I asked when he came back with a pair of wire cutters. He crouched down in front of me, working on breaking one of the chains on the handcuff.

"If people get paid to find things then I would be rich," Marcel snorted. "Levi is always losing things that are right in front of him," he muttered with a small shake of his head.

"You sound like a mom," I pointed out with a small giggle escaping me. He rolled his eyes as he finally managed to snap one of the chains on the handcuff. I scrambled to stand up, my right hand moving to support my left arm.

"I do not, never say that again," Marcel said as we moved to the window. "Want me to go out first since I have a better chance of escaping?" he asked as managed to pull himself up to the window with one hand, the other still holding the wire cutters.

"Sure, if one of us can make it out then it's going to be the professional guard who has to run everyday for training," I said as I leaned against the wall.

"Okay, here it goes," Marcel muttered as he hit the window with the wire cutters. It didn't break immediately which was disappointing. He had to hit it a few more times before it shattered, an alarm going off as soon as it broke. He dropped the wire cutters as he pulled himself up, having to wriggle through a small gap.

In the time it took for him to do that, I could hear the basement door opening. He had just managed to get out of the window when Curtis reached the bottom of the steps. Marcel turned around and offered me his hand which I had to jump to reach. He started to try to pull me up when Curtis reached me, wrapping his arms around my legs as he started trying to pull me back down.

"Fuck," I hissed out as I tried to kick him, my efforts futile with the way he was holding my legs. The tug of war match was pointless and I knew that. "Just go Marcel, we both have a better chance of surviving if you go," I muttered so only he could hear.

"Are you sure," he grunted out as he tightened his grip.

"Yes, now go," I pleaded. He gave me a look that screamed that he was sorry as he let go of my hand. Curtis fell back and I fell with him, my head striking the concrete. My vision blurred and I could feel Curtis struggle to his feet.

"Stupid bitch," he muttered as he kicked me so hard in the ribs that I felt one crack. He leaned down and lifted me up, throwing me over his shoulder before I lost consciousness.