Marcel

*Vivian's P.O.V*

I groaned as I tried to open my eyes, my head pounding. My face was sticky with dried blood and I tried to wipe it off. My left arm refused to move at all while my right was being restrained by something cold. I managed to use my right hand to wipe my eyes off, carefully opening my eyes to view my surroundings.

The room I was in was poorly lit was the first thing I noticed. The second thing I noticed was that my right arm was handcuffed to the wall. The most important thing I noticed was that I wasn't alone. Across from me, tied to a chair with rope like in the movies, was Marcel.

Marcel and I were friends in the fact that we both spent a lot of time at the castle since our caregivers lived there. We never really hung out much on our own but if Coral and Levi were hanging out then we would separate off from them to plan stuff out. Mainly plan on how to get our caregivers' attention back on us.

Marcel was still unconscious at the moment and he looked a bit worse for the wear. His arms had rope burns and his lip was bloody. He also had a black eye that had purpled the area around his eye. Throughout it all though his long curly hair had managed to stay in the bun that he kept it in which was kind of impressive.

I turned my attention to the room that we were in and realized that it was quite dark. The only light in the room came from a single lightbulb hanging halfway between me and Marcel. It kind of reminded me of being in a horror movie which made sense since I guess we were now in one.

The rest of the room was so dark I could barely make out anything. I could make out some vague shapes but there was only a window on the far side and it was very small. I could only see a glimpse of the sky but the window was angled so that no light could enter the room.

I was snapped out of my plans of escape by the sounds of Marcel waking. He seemed to be less groggy then I was so I wondered if he had been drugged in a different way to get him here. I gave Marcel a moment to realize what was going on before I called out to him.

"Marcel," I said, making him lift his head to look at me. "Any clue where we are?" I asked curiously.

"I just woke up and you expect me to know where we are?" Marcel asked.

"You're smarter than me, can't you tell by the sky," I asked as I nodded to the window.

"That's not how that works Vivian," he muttered.

"I never claimed to be smart Mr. I was guard until I fell in love with the prince," I pointed out.

"Is now really the time for sarcasm?" he asked.

"No but I need some way to express how distressed I am because screaming is really pointless I think," I said.

"Fair. I actually woke up earlier and tried to escape but got the shit punched out of me," Marcel said as he wriggled in chair, testing how tight the ropes were against him. He only seemed to aggravate the rope burn on his arms. I could only see the rope burn and how severe it was because of how white the burns were against his brown skin.

"At least you seem to be able to feel all your limbs, I can not move my left arm," I said with a small frown as I looked at it. I fell silent when I heard a door open, more light flooding one of the corners of the room.

"Ah, look at you. Both awake already," the man's voice sent shivers down my back. I knew it was Curtis before I even saw his face.

"Fuck off," I hissed out as I jerked against the handcuff that kept me chained to the wall.

"Down doggy," he said as he walked further into the room. My teeth gritted together at his words and I had a vivid image of absolutely murdering this man. There was nothing I wanted to do more at the moment.

"Don't talk to her like that," Marcel said. I was glad that he had stood up for me but I wished he had kept his mouth shut. I didn't want Marcel to get hurt by this man.

"I punched you once and I'll do it again," Curtis said as he circled around Marcel. "Especially because you're quite expendable unlike my pet," informed me as his eyes raked over me in a way that made me shrivel up.

"Don't talk to him like that," I managed to speak up for Marcel. I wasn't going to let him say those things about Marcel without standing up for him like he stood up for me. I didn't regret it even when Curtis crossed the room to look at me, getting down and in my face.

"Such a pretty face, if only you kept your mouth shut," he muttered as he gripped my chin harshly, his rough fingers keeping it into place. Before I could stop myself or reevaluate my plan, I spit into his face. His response was immediate and he slapped me so hard that my face slammed into the wall behind me. "You bitch," he muttered.

"Go fuck yourself," I said as I managed to kick my leg out and hit him in the balls. He groaned as he ended up toppling over slightly before he caught himself, forcing himself to stand up.

"You'll regret that bitch, I own you now," he hissed as he kicked me in the side as hard as he could. I wheezed as the air was knocked out of my lungs, hearing Marcel jerk against his restraints.

"Keep your hands off her, Coral's going to fucking kill you," Marcel warned. Curtis laughed, actually laughed, at his words.

"No one is ever going to find you two, I'll make sure of that. And if they do, neither of you are leaving this room alive," he said as he looked down at me again before he left the room.