Gifts

I started the idea for this chapter off with the intention of it being sweet but..... all I have to say is don't hate me.

*Vivian's P.O.V*

I stared down at the boxes, hoping that they would open themselves. I squirmed in place as I reached out to touch one, flushing when a hand covered mine. "What do you think you are doing, kitten?" Coral questioned.

"Wasn't going to open any of them, I was just trying to touch the boxes," I told her quickly, looking up at her.

"Mmm but I told you not to touch them didn't I?" Coral asked. I bit my bottom lip as I nodded, staring down at my lap. "Naughty girl, I should punish you," she whispered in my ear. I gulped as she kissed my neck gently, a small smirk on her lips.

"Punish me how?" I questioned, trying to ignore the shaking in my voice. My cheeks burned darkly with a blush that threatened to consume my face.

"I should take you over my knee, make your bottom match your face," Coral said as she turned my head to face her, tilting my chin up slightly. A small chuckle escaped her lips as I looked her in the eyes and saw the playfulness in them.

"You're teasing me!" I accused as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Of course I am just teasing you love, unless you want me to punish you," Coral said as she smirked slightly, kissing the top of my head gently.

"If you do that again I am going to tell on you to your mom," I stated simply as I leaned back in my chair, ignoring the way that the chair rocked from me lifting the front two legs off the ground.

"You do that love, I imagine that telling my mother that I threatened to spank you for misbehaving and you got upset because I wouldn't spank you is definitely something you should tell my mother," Coral stated as she grabbed the back of the chair, tilting it back so I was looking up at her. I pouted as the blush returned to my cheeks after just fading away.

"I didn't get upset you wouldn't spank me," I stammered as I looked away. "Let's just forget this ever happened and you let me open my gifts," I stated.

"Alright, alright," Coral said as she pushed my chair so that all four of its legs were on the ground. "Which one do you want to open first?" she said as she gestured to the three boxes on the desk in front of me.

"The flat one," I answered as I reached out and touched the flat, medium sized box. I picked it up, carefully using my nails to break the seal from the tape. I reached in the box and pulled out a silver necklace with a C and V intertwined on it with an infinity symbol connecting them.

"It's our initials, I thought you would like it," Coral whispered softly. I turned around and wrapped my arms around her in a hug, smiling softly.

"I love it," I said quietly as I looked up at her. "Can you put it on me?" I questioned as I handed the necklace to her, pulling my hair back so that it didn't get caught in the chain. I felt the cold metal press against my skin as the necklace was clipped into place.

"I thought it could be like a promise ring but in necklace form since you don't like rings," Coral said as I let my hair back into place. "I remembered that you said you didn't like how rings felt since they pressed against your fingers and it made you feel uncomfortable," she stated as I smiled softly.

"Thanks, not many people remember that," I whispered as I touched the necklace, ignoring the way my heart was beating in my chest. I licked my lips which were suddenly dry as I reached for the next gift. My hands shook slightly as I picked the box up, sitting it on my lap. No one had ever cared to remember things like that before, not even my parents.

"Do you need help, pet?" Coral questioned as she rested her hand over mine. I nodded silently as I let her take the box from me, watching as she removed the tape. "I think you'll really like this gift princess," she said as she sat the box on my lap, leaving me to open it. I opened the box, carefully taking out a tail and set of ears. "They're the electronic kind, the ones that move around based on how you're feeling," she explained.

I had started regressing deeply into my headspaces as of late, finally recovering from the attack that had left me feeling vulnerable. I had gone days of just being in headspace with no sign of coming out and these would definitely help me show how I felt. It was hard to communicate most of the time because I didn't want to speak but I also wanted to show my emotions in some way.

"These had to have been really expensive Cora," I said with a small frown. "You don't need to spend that much money on me," I murmured as I looked up at her. The electronic ears and tails were very expensive and I had seen most given on important anniversaries between pets and owners.

"They were worth every penny," Coral said as she turned on the ears by pressing the button on the top of the headband before putting them on my head. The ears were sort of floppy although they would stand up for a minute before flopping down. "We agreed your puppy form was most like a German Shepherd so I had these made to reflect how a puppy's ears would be," she stated as she grabbed the other box, using her nails to break the tape.

"Cora," I said as she handed me the box, noticing it was the same size as the box I just opened. I hesitantly opened the box. My hands shook as I removed the ears and tail as I looked up at her. "You got my kitten side a set too," I whispered.

"Of course I did, I couldn't just give you one set over another. You deserved to have both," Coral said as she smiled softly. I set the box down, placing everything back in it before I launched myself out of the chair and wrapped my arms around. "Easy pup," she whispered as she wrapped her arms around me, holding me close. She sat down in the chair, letting me sit on her lap.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I said as my ears perked up. She ran her fingers through my hair, gently pulling my head back to give me a soft kiss on the lips.

"I would do anything to make you happy, you mean the world to me princess," Coral said as she kissed me again, her hand cupping my cheek. I sighed softly as I pulled away, turning on her lap so that my head was resting on her chest.

"I love you," I said quietly, feeling her body tense.

"I love you too angel," Coral said as she gently fixed my headband which had moved out of place. I stared at the desk, tilting my head when I saw the small box on the desk. I reached out and picked it up, staring at the string tied around it.

"What's this?" I questioned as I undid the string.

"I...have no clue, it's not from me," Coral said as she looked down at the box with a small frown. I shrugged as I pulled the string off and opened the lid, a piece of paper resting on top of whatever was in the box.

'A gift for your princess' the note read, the handwriting scribbled out. I didn't recognize it and it seemed neither did Coral. I handed the note to her and let her study it as I looked at the box. My hands shook as I removed the photos that lay in it, feeling sick to the stomach as I looked at them.

"Cora," I whispered, catching her attention immediately. She took the photos from my shaking hands, her grip on me tightening as she looked through them. There were photos of me when I was supposed to be alone, supposed to be safe.

There was a photo of me in the shower, a photo of me curled up in Coral's bed, a photo of me waiting for Coral to return from a meeting, and a photo of us sitting together on her bed. They were disturbing to say the least, all of the photos had been taken from outside of the room, through a window it looked like. The last photo was the most disturbing though.

It was a photo of me, asleep, with a man's hand resting on my throat. Someone had been in my room while I slept, someone was threatening me. I hadn't even noticed I was hyperventilating until Coral had sat me on the floor, making me tuck my head between my legs.

"Copy my breathing love," she ordered, sitting behind me. I felt her front press against my back and felt her stomach rising and falling. Ragged gasps escaped my mouth as I focused on the feeling of her breathing, trying to calm my breathing. Hot tears rolled down my face as I wondered who hated me so much that they wanted to ruin my feeling of safety.