Understanding

*Vivian's P.O.V*
My mother reached out and gently cupped my face. "Vivi it's fine," she said softly as she pulled me into a hug. "There's nothing to be sorry for sweetheart," she said.

"Yes there is. I was supposed to be a dom like everyone else in our family," I said making her frown at me.

"Are you everyone else in our family?" She questioned me.

"No," I shook my head wondering what she was getting at.

"Then don't try and compare your classification to them," she stated sternly making me nod in understanding.

"Dad doesn't seem happy about me being a pet," I murmured making her chuckle softly.

"Your father is fine with you being a pet," she told me.

"Then why did he walk off?" I asked.

"Probably to celebrate the fact that he was right about you being a sub," she smiled slightly while pulling back. "Would you like to go find him?" She asked making me nod. "Alright let's go," she said as she walked off in the direction he went in.

"Wait did you guys have a wager on the fact I was a sub?" I asked as followed her.

"Maybe," she said as she glanced back at me with a sly smile.

"You did. You so did," I said as I walked beside her. She looked around, whistling innocently. "Stop it, you know I can't whistle," I pouted at her with a frown.

"Not my fault you're untalented," she laughed. "Look there's your father," she pointed to a store which he had just left. I walked ovet to him quickly and left her behind.

"Mom's bullying me," I told him making him laugh.

"I'm sorry," he told me. "Here, I just had this made for you," he said holding me a simple necklace with two dog tags.

"Thanks?" I said questioningly as I put it on easily.

"One tag has your mother's name and number on it and my name and number on the other tag," he explained. "That way if you ever go into your puppy or kitten space and get lost then someone can check these and call one of us," he added.

"Thanks dad," I said hugging him. He hugged back with a small smile.

"You're welcome," he told me as he rubbed my back gently before pulling away.

"That was a good idea dear," my mother said as she came up from behind me. "We should get going, the party is going to start soon," she stated making me frown.

"I didn't want a dumb party celebrating my classification," I whined making her raise an eyebrow. "You know everyone in the family is going to be there," I frowned making her roll her eyes.

"Well to bad, they've traveled from all over to be here," she said. "So you'll suck it up and deal with everyone and if you do then I'll take you shopping for a pet room all to yourself," she coaxed with a small smile.

"Really?" I asked as I tilted my head slightly.

"Really," she said making me sigh and agree to the party. My mother was an interior decorator so she knew how to design rooms to look good and a pet room sounded really good to me. Of course if any thing needed to be drawn out in the room, my father would help. He was one of the best architects in the kingdom and my mother was the best interior designer by far. She had even done some projects for the royal family and more importantly the queen.

"Let's go, you know your grandmothers hate waiting," my father told me, making me nod.

We walked to the car, me trailing behind my parents as they talked. I knew they didn't mind my classification but I didn't know about everyone else in my family. I knew no matter what though, they would want me to be the best.

I got in the back of the car and buckled myself in, picking my phone up. I opened it up and saw the notification that my mother had posted and tagged me in a while ago. I tapped on it and it brought up a picture. I rolled my eyes and looked at it.

It had been taken before I got in the long line to be classified. I smiled at how dorky we all looked in it. My mother had a peace sign up while posing. Her dark brown hair and blue eyes showed clearly since she was in the front. Her white blouse was tucked into her jeans and you couldn't see her sandals.

My father was in the background, trying to give me a piggy back ride. His dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes were more dulled since he was father back and he was laughing. He was wearing a Hawaiian shirt and khakis having told me earlier this morning he was going to dress as dad like as possible. He had combat boots on aswell which my mother had pleaded with him to take off and he had refused.

I looked like if they had been thrown together and mixed about. My dark brown hair had a few natural highlights of blonde and I had hazel eyes. I was smiling in the photo as my father tried to get me on his back. I was wearing a cinched black top and jeans that were bleached. I had on white boots that fit my pants color perfectly.

I scrolled down to the comments seeing all of my family member's comments. There were quite a lot as everyone knew that today was a big day. I smiled seeing my aunt's comment. 'Beautiful photo, can't wait to see my niece in person after so long,' she had commented. I clicked on her profile pic and brought up her profile.

Aunt Maya was by far, my favorite aunt. She was also the one of the top pet trainers in the kingdom which was probably why I was so excited to see her. I hoped that she would be as understanding about my classification as my parents were. I was also slightly afraid of telling her. She was a great pet trainer but also extremely strict.

She expected commands to be followed as soon as they were given. She also didn't tolerate disrespect or disobedience given by anyone, dom or sub a like. She would rather be training pets any day so maybe she could help train me. I scrolled through her profile, looking at all the pet stuff. I barely stopped myself from liking it, knowing it would be more fun to surprise her anyways.