Queen

*Vivian's P.O.V*

I stared at all of my family members with wide eyes as I glanced between them and my hand. My mother moved through them quickly and picked me up. "It's alright," she said, holding me close as she walked up the stairs. "I'm going to make sure she hasn't hurt herself to badly and then we'll come back down," she called to everyone.

I meowed pitifully as I gently pushed my injured hand to rest against her chest. She smiled at me as she entered my bedroom, sitting me on the bed as she went into the bathroom. I sat there as I listened to her rustle around. I hopped down off the bed and hid behind my dirty clothes hamper, knowing it would be a good place to attack anyone that came in. A knock resonated on the door making me crouch down and wriggle in wait.

My mother exited the bathroom and looked around for a moment out of confusion before going to the door and opening it. She gasped as she took a step back. "Your majesty," she said as she bowed slightly. A woman with a really long pretty muted dress stepped inside the room. Her dress had a bunch of ruffles on it which excited me. "To what do I owe the pleasure of you gracing my home?" my mother asked. They looked about the same height and stuff but the queen stood more rigid and she had really long brown hair. Like super long hair.

"I just wished to come by Layla. I heard it was your daughter's classification day," she said, her voice having a soothing tone to it. Oh she seemed so nice but her dress was just there and it was so easy and tempting to get. "Speaking of which, where is she?" she questioned. I wriggled as I got ready to pounce.

"I'm not sure. She hurt her hand so I went to get something from the bathroom and when I came out she was gone," my mother admitted as she looked around. Oh I couldn't resist anymore atleast that's what we're going to say. I pounced forward and attacked the dress, batting at it and hissing as it moved. "Vivian, knock it off," my mother said as she nudged me with her foot making me glance at her.

"Oh it's fine Layla, I'm sure she is just playful," the woman said as she crouched down making me look at her and lift my hand up to bat at her. "Well hello little kitten," she said as she scratched underneath my chin making me purr as I leaned into her hand. "If you don't mind me asking, what is her classification?" she asked.

"She's a puppy/kitten switch," my mother said as she watched me worriedly. "Vivian this is Queen Eve and your majesty, this is my daughter Vivian," she introduced us.

"Vivian?" the queen asked. "That's a lovely name," she complimented as she straightened making me frown as she stopped petting me. That was people's job, I was supposed to be pet whenever I wanted to be pet. I purred softly as I pressed against her leg.

"Vivian leave the queen alone," my mother sighed as she pinched the bridge of her nose. "I'm sorry your majesty, this is her first time being in kittenspace," she told the queen.

"It is fine," the queen said. "You know there might be a way that works for this. My daughter has been looking for a puppy/kitten switch for a long time and well if your daughter is looking for an owner," the queen said.

"I don't know about that. I think Vivian would like to go to a few meetups before she committed to anybody," my mother said as I circled the queen slowly before attacking her dress again.

"That's perfectly fine. She may even run into my daughter at those meetups and they can talk," the queen smiled down at me. She leaned down and scratched the top of my head making me purr softly, my injured hand long forgotten.

"I would love to agree to what you said but I want Vivian to get a chance to meet others before she tries committing to your daughter," my mother said.

"And I get that Layla, I do. I said it's fine, maybe they'll end up together or maybe they won't," the queen shrugged. "I just thought they might hit it off. I mean I made Cora go to school for being a pet owner for seven years before I even considered letting her try and find one," she said. "Now she's 25 and eager for a pet," she sighed.

"Ahh yes I forgot that she got classified at eighteen. How does that work again if they classify that young?" my mother asked. 

"They get sent to a special school where they have to keep classifying as what they classified as at the beginning or switch classes for their new classification. Cora never liked the place since it was full of stuck up royals and nobles," the queen said. I got up on my knees and rested my head against her stomach, purring happily. She smiled as she leaned down farther and picked me up, letting me lay loosely in her arms. 

"She's a real sweetheart when she wants to be," my mother muttered making me look at her and hiss before going back to purring and rubbing my head into the queen's arm. "And she seems to like you a lot more then me," she said.

"Oh that's natural. Some kittens are really affectionate with strangers," the queen stated as she smiled down at me and scratched my back taking her time to go slow and deep. I purred louder and snuggled into her as my mother went to the bed and brought back a bandage. I hissed when she started to wrap it around my injured hand but turned my attention back to the queen when she clicked her tongue.

"How are you so good at distracting her?" my mother asked as she quickly wrapped my hand with the bandage before letting my hand go. I flexed my bandaged hand out of curiosity and hissed at the pain in my hand from the pot dropping on it.

"I raised four kids," the queen chuckled as she handed me to my mother. "I really should be going now," she said.

"Alright, goodbye then your majesty," my mother said as she did a little bow. I watched the queen leave with a small frown on my face.