Understanding

I figured since everyone was so excited about this book being updated, I would just go ahead and give this book two updates.

*Vivian's P.O.V*

I frowned when I felt the car stop, my eyes having closed when I thought I was fully dreaming. I heard my mother's seat belt click and then slide into place. "Vivian, Vivian we're here," she said as she gently rubbed my back. I sat up with a frown on my lips as I rubbed my eyes before opening them. I blinked tiredly as I saw the stone walls of a building and then looked up slowly, my eyes widening.

"Mom, mom this is the castle. Why are we at the castle?" I asked as I frowned while turning to look at her. She had a small smile on her lips as she brushed my hair out of my face.

"Sweetheart, how has this not clicked for you yet?" she questioned using the tone she always used when something was obvious but I hadn't quite realized it yet. "Darling, what did Queen Eve call her daughter the day she visited us?" she asked.

"She called her daughter...Cora," I said as everything dawned on me at once. "Coral is the princess," I said slowly as I realized that's why Ashely had guards and they called her your majesty, that's why Coral hadn't really mentioned her mother and seemed kind of scared of her, and that's why Coral had been sort of secretive about why her mother needed her when she left.

"Yes Coral, or Cora as she is more commonly called, is the princess," my mother said. I turned to glare at her and stuck my tongue out as I unbuckled and climbed into the backseat. "What are you doing?" she asked.

"I'm not going inside. I can't meet her family now, I didn't know I was going to be meeting the royal family," I said as I curled up in the backseat. "I'm not prepared enough to meet the royal family, I look like a mess," I stated sternly.

"Vivian now is not the time to decide that you're not ready to meet Coral's family. I will go get Coral if you don't get out," my mother said as she opened her door.

"I don't care, I'm not getting out," I said as I glared at her. She sighed and got out of the car, shutting the door behind her. I leaned over the seat and locked the door, turning the car off and taking the keys out of the ignition. My mother looked at me through the window and shook her head as she turned and walked to the big door that led into the castle. I played with the keys, feeling the kitten part of me start to come out. I lost track of time as I swatted the keys back and forth with a smile on my lips.

I jumped when there was a knock on the window. I turned to see who it was and practically purred when I saw Coral there. I shrank down when I noticed the frown on her lips and meowed softly as I sat the keys down. Coral pulled on the door handle while looking at me, making me reluctantly reach over and unlock the door.

"What's going on kitten?" Coral asked as she got in the car with me, shutting it behind her. I shrugged as I crawled onto her lap. "What's going on in that pretty mind of yours?" she questioned me as she rubbed my back.

"I don't want to meet your family. I don't look good enough to meet them," I said making her nod as she looked me over.

"Are you blind?" Coral asked, making me frown and tilt my head. "You're adorable. Besides, you've already met my mother and sister and they adore you. My mother could not stop gushing over you after she met you," she said. I blushed slightly as I nibbled my bottom lip, snuggling into Coral.

"Do you think the rest of your family will like me?" I asked quietly as I rested my head on her shoulder. "I mean, I know that I'm kind of weird and I can be a bit too much for most people," I said softly.

"I think the rest of my family will love you," Coral promised as she rubbed my back gently. "I love your weirdness and besides, you are not that weird. My parents have to deal with crazy people all day so I think you'll be a breath of fresh air for them," Coral stated as she opened the door and slid out of the seat, holding me against her. She grabbed my mother's keys which immediately caught my attention. I reached for them, whining when she gave them to my mother instead of letting me have them.

"Thank you," my mother said as she tucked her keys into her purse. I reached for her purse, looking at her with wide, pleading eyes. "No way missy, you are not getting my keys," she said, making me whine.

"It's okay baby, I got you some toys that you can play with," Coral said making me beam happily as I looked at her hopefully. "They're in my room, I don't have them on me," she said, making me sulk.

"Why'd you even tell me then? You just like getting my hopes up so that you can crush them," I said as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I don't understand why you sulk so much and feel like I'm trying to be mean. I got you toys, you just don't like waiting so you're acting like a spoiled little kitten," Coral cooed making me stick my tongue out. "Give me a kiss," she cooed at me. I frowned at her and reluctantly kissed her lips, feeling myself relax into the kiss. "Thank you for the kiss baby," she said as she smiled at me, nipping at my bottom lip.

"Thank you for calming me down so now I don't feel completely insane," I chuckled as I kissed her cheek. "And thank you for being so understanding about how I felt," I stated with a small smile on my lips.