|56. Flee|

Aliyah

I eventually dozed off in his bed last night, and thankfully awoke in the same spot I fell asleep. The house was practically empty besides the constant security I passed on my daily walk around the house.

I heard Harry return from work last night since his shuffling had woken me up some. I couldn't find the words to say to him, so I pretended to be asleep, and he took his company else where for the night after cleaning up my broken phone.

The next morning I woke up to a small gift box sitting on the satin sheets in yellow wrapping paper.

Good morning beautiful. I am safe and at work. I'll be home later this evening.- H.

I sighed as I gazed down at the gift in my hands. The neatly tied red velvet bow around it made it hard to not wanna open it.

When I tore back the paper it revealed the expected present- a new phone. A simple white Chanel case laid next to it as well, and my name was engraved in deep brown cursive at the bottom.

Harry even set it up with all of my information from the previous phone. I sighed heavily while twirling the gadget between my fingers. The last thing I wanted to do is call my parents, but the longer I waited the deeper the hole got.

As the phone rang in my ear I began to sweat. My stomach did summersaults while anxiously waiting for my mother to answer. After six rings she did, and began yelling just as loud as Liz.

"Aliyah Ranae Moore do you have any idea how worried sick you had all of us?! And why does it say "student self extracted" on your dorm lease?! Where are you..."

It took my mother at least five minutes to stop shouting multiple questions at me. When she finally stopped, I surprised myself by not shedding a single tear.

"Mom I need you to please calm down. I'm alright, I promise. I have some news though."

I rehearsed a lie in advance for my mother, knowing she'd be bombarding me with questions. As badly as I wanted to tell her about my actual situation, I wouldn't dare put my family in danger as well. They'd come rescue me in a heart beat from this mess if they knew, but my mind kept listening to that minuscule part of my heart. The one that trusted Harry's promise to protect me over my own family's.

"Harry and I are together.." I started off.

That statement alone simmered down my mothers anger, but opened up another book of questions she had in mind.

"Oh my goodness I had a feeling you two were going to be soon! You guys look so great together! Oh how are we going to tell your dad this? Do any of your brothers know?..."

She sounded like a malfunctioning machine with all of these damn questions!

"Okay mom, look-" I cut her off.

"We've been together for some time now, I just didn't know how to tell you guys. Things have been kinda rocky lately though, So he took some time off of work, planned a vacation for us, and I've just been so busy with repairing us that I completely forgot to tell anyone. I'm sorry mama..." I put on my best 'baby girl' voice.

My mother understood for the most part, and would have no problem with telling my brothers or dad. My lie seemed to be going over smoothly, and sounds like everything is fine to them while in reality my world has fallen apart.