|15.Jealousy?|

Aliyah

I didn't tell Liz why I was back so early, or why there were more bruises on my neck. I didn't want to worry her nor talk about it. I was lucky to be able to skip around the topic and her be okay with it. I could see how skeptical it made her but knew I would've told her if it was really serious.

She could tell I was still down about something though, so we ate entirely too much Waffle House to make me feel better. Then snuggled up in my bed with some rom-com on Netflix. I spent well needed quality time with my best friend that I can thankfully call my roommate.

Sadly though, Monday came back around, but I started it off fairly decent. I made as little contact with Harry as possible. I did the tedious tasks, gave him his lunch, just anything he required and nothing more, and that's how it continued for the rest of the week.

Nothing at work was interesting. I didn't bother talking to Harry and he didn't bother talking to me, and for that I was beyond thankful. Every time I entered his office though his eyes always glimmered with something. Something I wasn't certain of but wasn't going to take the time and figure out either.

Instead of being so far up Harry's ass I actually got to get to know my co workers. They were mostly nice and we started going on lunches together for days I couldn't see Liz. I built a nice in-work relationship with them that just kept me sane through out my day, and it didn't follow me out of the office.

Friday finally rolled around and I couldn't have been happier. I had been having such a good week at work and the end of the day nearing was helping a lot. I was on my way back to the office with Harry's coffee when my body came to an abrupt stop. The coffee in my hand splattered in between our body's and I gasped as the hot liquid seeped through my clothing.

"Shit!" I winced silently to myself.

There was no saving any of my possessions. My nude heels were soaked as well as my toes as the digits began sticking together. Coffee splatters decorated the fabric of my favorite plain ivy dress.

"I'm so sorry!" The deep voice frantically apologized. I watched the dark head of hair bend down and pick up the empty coffee cup and its lid. The receipt that disintegrated by the second dripped with the bronze liquid.

"I believe this is yours," he awkwardly smiled, handing me the sticky black card that fell as well. I wiped it off before tucking it away in my bra, the man looking away awkwardly.

"There goes my day," I grumbled to myself.

I turned around to head back to the cafe and get another coffee, mentally preparing myself to get yelled at by Harry. That's when he grabbed my arm and stopped me.

I looked at the man in a very nice suit. Coffee spilt on to him as well but since his pants were black people could barely see it. He had black hair and a piercing on his face while tattoos littered his neck. If I hadn't seen him in this suit I'd be terrified. He even had tats on the side of head where his hair started to fade.

"My name's Emanuel, but you can just call me Manny. I'm so sorry about this, please, let me buy you another coffee?" He was sweet, something I hadn't experienced from another guy (outside of family) in a while.

"That sounds nice, and I'll be alright, but sadly that coffee was for my boss, who's going to kill me when I get back late as hell. So if you'll excuse me-"

"Your boss? Who do you work for?" I was getting frustrated with all of his questions. Especially an unimportant one like that.