|48. Skepticism|

Aliyah

I sat in my car in the parking garage for at least thirty minutes. I spent the first ten in thought as I absorbed the vibrations of the running vehicle. My clammy grasp held my phone timidly as I stared at Emanuels contact.

The next ten was our call. I had finally willed myself to press the contact and the phone rang out over Bluetooth.

Three rings.

Three rings was all it took for him to pick up my call. All I heard was a husky "hello?." Then silence fell between us, and all that could be heard was our ragged breathing.

"H-hi, Emanuel," I finally spit out.

"Aliyah, I'm so glad you um- you called back," he reluctantly breathed with an airy chuckle.

"Yeah.." I awkwardly replied as I began slightly picking at my nails.

"I just wanted to call and apologize again Aliyah. That was a dick move of me and you didn't deserve that. I should've respected your space."

My jaw slowly dropped as I stared into the distance in shock. The tender heart in my chest was too pure to reject a sincere apology. I could tell Emanuel was sincere, but I still didn't trust him. Sadly though, there was no point in holding a grudge against him. I had Harry.

I got what I wanted.

"I- Um, I accept your apology Emanuel... but that doesn't gain my trust. I still want minimum contact with you, and us to remain .. 'civil'," I coldly laid out.

There was silence again. I sensed his shock as he lowly chuckled to himself.

"Alright... fine princess," he agreed.

"Goodbye, Emanuel."

"Talk to you soon Aliyah."

The line went dead as my music started playing again. I stared at the phone with a scrunched face in shock.

Then the last ten minutes were me wallowing in regret. If Harry even had a clue about this call, he'd make me suffer with the silent treatment.

I shook my head and left the building for good, rushing home to prepare for Harry and I's sleepover later.

-

"Well shit, I should just spend the night with Josh," Liz commented.

She was sitting on her bed watching me pack my bag for the night. Gordon was expected to arrive in the next twenty minutes, and I did everything but pack.

"I'm sorry girl. Hell I didn't even know I was staying over until a few hours ago," I huffed, sliding the red lingerie up my legs.

The matching lacy bra was already hidden under my grey sweatshirt. The sweatpants followed my panties, trapping warmth around my limbs. I tugged on some white socks and matching nike air forces.

"Oh the classic dick appointment clothes under sweats move," Liz shook her head.

I bit my lip as I continued to throw things in the bag. Now that I was getting used to having sex, I began craving it. The addiction wasn't taking long to develop, and I couldn't stop reminiscing today's moments.

"What's got you so flirty hot ass?" Liz giggled.

"I blacked out today Liz."

"Shit, I knew the lunch incident was bad but not that bad.."

"Liz- no, I mean like blacked out after sex with Harry."

Liz' jaw hit the ground as she stared at me in disbelief. Her shoulders slumped back as she hit the wall with a thud.