|shots.pt.2|

Aliyah

The entire night I couldn't get my mind off of Lexi's words. She was right, Harry and I weren't officially together, so who knows what he's doing or who's he's seeing outside of me. The possibility never crossed my mind because of obsessive thoughts like this.

Not only that, but Harry is a grown man. Not a college student, or in his early twenties. He's at the point in his life where starting a family is ideal for him and around the corner. Opening a whole new part of life for himself, with a fellow grown spouse. Not me. Who is still a teenager living off of her parents money.

"Can I have another shot Harry?" I asked.

Since my feelings were in a tangled mess, the liquor wasn't hitting me as hard. I had been drinking a lot recently with all of the parties we had been attending, so my tolerance had improved. The only thing I was feeling was a slight tingle and dash of drowsiness.

"No you cannot, I don't want you drunk," He whispered to me before going back to talk with our table guests.

"Excuse me while I go find the ladies room," I politely said before getting up and leaving the table.

I stumbled at first but sobered up quick so I didn't make a fool of myself. Luckily the venue had signs so it wasn't hard finding a restroom. I handled my business and briefly touched up in the mirror after.

While standing in the mirror I began to think some more. I couldn't imagine what Harry and I had going on coming to an end. We have fun, and do no harm in each other lives...anymore at least.

Right?

With a heavy sigh and shake of my head I exited the restroom. I was nearing the end of the hall when a hand grabbed my wrist and twirled me around. I yelped out of shock but calmed down when I saw Emanuel. My heart l pounded uncontrollably hard against my rib cage at the sudden confrontation.

"Thought I'd never get to talk to you alone again," he smirked. I shook my head.

"And you won't. Sorry." I got ready to pivot on my heel but of course he wasn't done.

"Wait wait wait Aliyah, woah, where'd that attitude come from? You weren't this sassy before... oh no is it Harry-"

"Emanuel..." I warned. I could tell my use of his real name and tone killed his playful mood.

"Aliyah, you already know what I'm gonna say..." he started. His body getting closer to mine by the second.

"No, I don't."

I tried backing away but my heels got the best of my balance and I ended up against the wall. Then hoped that any minute now it'd just suck me in.

"I miss you Aliyah, and what is it you see in Harry anyways? I can give you so much more baby girl..." he placed the pads of his fingers under my chin. I felt uncomfortable and wanted to burst into tears. The only person I'm use to calling me pet names were my parents and Harry.

"Excuse me," the clearing of a deep voice startled the two of us. Emanuel removed himself from my space and stuffed his hand in his pockets. Sniffling around like nothing happened.

"Sorry I Uh, I-" Manny tried to explain.

"Aliyah, lets go." Harry sounded like a father that had just caught his daughter talking to a boy.

Which in this case, he did.

"G-goodnight. Emanuel," my tone was the firmest it had been all night. Those two words should have gotten the message clean across. Which is for Emanuel to never come near me again.