|7. Tedious work|

Aliyah

I continued typing away at my laptop as I awaited the arrival of my roommate. Another paper was due and I had pushed it to the back of my mind along with a lot of other stressful events. It had to be turned in soon, and I wanted to try and finish it before Liz got back, but was unfortunately too late.

My brain had become accustomed to the classical music I always played, which sounded equivalent to silence now. My complete train of though crashed directly against my skull. Halting the entire paper until I could pull my thoughts together again.

I couldn't get the feeling of Harry's touch off of my mind.

Though what added the icing on our shit mess of a cake was my mother not believing me. In fact, she sounded more in a hurry to get off of the phone with me!

If my own mother didn't believe me then why should anyone else? Liz for sure wouldn't. She holds Harry as high as a God in her mind. She barely believed me when I got the damn job.

As I chewed on the inside of my lip in deep thought, Liz came bursting in. She began jabbering as soon as she set foot in the door, and instead of listening to her (like the good friend I usually am) it flew in one ear and out the other.

I observed her movements. From the door, to her desk, to her bed with her laptop as she plopped down and continued rambling, but her voice sounded like air. Silence. I was drowning in my pool of thoughts while everyone else floated above the surface.

"Liyah? Aliyah?!" She yelled my name twice. I rapidly blinked my dry eyes and shook my head a few times.

"S-sorry. Damn that sounds crazy."

"Like you were even listening."

"I'm sorry Liz," I sighed. "It's been a long day, but I am now completely one hundred and ten percent yours."

She looked to me with a soft smile and chuckle.

"Forget about me, it's fine. How's working with Mr. Hunk?" She winked.

My throat became dry at the mention of him. Luckily earlier when I got back to the dorms I threw on one of my brothers hoodies that I stole. It practically swallowed me, and my hair was tangled in the hood part so it perfectly covered the bruises.

"It was.. alright," I shrugged. She raised an eyebrow hoping I'd give more, but there was nothing else I could say.

"Just 'Alright'? Aliyah, you're working with -"

"For." I corrected.

"Whatever. For the sexiest man alive! And it was just alright?" She gazed at me in disbelief while waiting on details.

"He's like any other boss, but his communication is terrible. Maybe that's because he spent the whole day barking orders," I grabbed the cup of tea on my night stand taking a sip. I was doing anything I could to provide comfort to my unbearably sore throat.

"Well I hope tomorrow you have more details than that," she sighed.

I shrugged and set down my cup to check the time. The clock neared ten and I decided to just go to sleep so I didn't have a repeat of my first day.

"It's getting late," I commented.

"It's not even ten," Liz chuckled as she gathered her shower stuff.

"Welp I'm gonna go shower really quick. I'll be back," she informed before leaving.

I closed my laptop and set it to the side before burying myself in the sheets. I decided to take the late penalty on my paper and finish it when my mind was ready. All it could focus on now we're various thoughts about my boss.