2.12: Alice's POV

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

It had been a week since I talked to Blair that night and I had been declining her calls since. Just hearing her voice made me want to cave and I needed time to think everything over. I love Blair more than anything in the world but what she did was inexcusable. I had wallowed around the house and prepared lesson plans when I could bring myself to work. Callie had come to check on me a few times but she was only mildly comforting due to her being so close to Blair. She was almost as pissed as me when she found out and I figured she had probably chewed Blair out by now.

I had debated calling Blair back more times than I could count over the past week. I had shut my phone off for three days but that resulted in Callie getting worried and showing up unexpected. It was a rather embarrassing encounter considering my state. I had been crying on the couch, a mess of discarded wrappers and tissues around me watching a concerning number of romance movies. As luck would have it I was watching the notebook when she showed up and I was sobbing uncontrollably.

She had helped me clean up the mess, talked to me for a bit, and even watched the end of the movie with me. I was glad when she left though so I could return to wallowing in self pity for a couple more days. I had felt better today, like I could at least do basic tasks without breaking down. I had cleaned the whole house, worked on my lesson plans, and had a glass of wine while watching yet another romance movie. Despite my regained ability to make it through the day without crying, I realized that I was literally just living everyday this week on a loop.

I missed Blair and I knew she had to be worried due to our lack of contact. I hadn't even said I love you back at the end of the call. Part of me knew she deserved to not know what I was doing or how I was doing but I couldn't help but feel bad. I reached for my phone on the coffee table and settled into the couch. I took a deep breathe before dialing her number and she picked up almost instantly.

"Oh my god Alice, hi, are you okay? How have you been?" She questioned in a concerned tone

I sighed feeling slightly relieved at the sound of her voice "Hi Blair, I've been good how about you?"

"I've been okay." She said in a soft voice before sighing "You know what that's a total lie. I've missed you so much and I've been a fucking mess."

"If I'm being honest I've been the same way"

"Alice I'm so sorry again for everything and I will literally do anything to try and fix things between us. I just, I fucked up so bad and I know that." She stated, her voice cracking "I can't believe how I acted and how I treated you. I promise I will never act like that again. I haven't drank a sip of alcohol since and I've literally just been crying in hotel rooms when I'm not at signings."

"I want to see you." I mumbled out

"Name the time and place and I'll be there."

"Where are you right now?"

"Boston."

"Do you have any days off coming up?"

"I have two days off in a week."

"Come then."

"What if I just ditch and come now?" She questioned

I shook my head even though she couldn't see me "No don't do that Blair. This tour is important to you and to your fans. Just come when you're free and we'll have time to figure things out."

"Okay I will." She sounded disappointed but quickly changed the subject "So what have you been up to back home?"

"I'd rather not discuss that." I stated unable to think of a single thing I had done that wasn't embarrassing

"Awe c'mon it can't be that bad."

"Blair," I groaned "I've literally been crying, eating junk food and watching romance movies. I literally only left the house once."

"Sounds like we have similar coping mechanisms."

"I did get some of my lesson plans done."

"That's great babe." She said before I heard her take a deep breathe "I'm sorry that slipped."

"It's okay don't worry about it. I missed hearing you call me that anyway."

"That's good to hear."

"I hate how easy it is to forget that I'm mad at you."

"I'm mad at me too if that helps at all."

"Only slightly but I'll take it." I laughed

"I missed that sound."

"What sound?"

"Your adorable laugh."

"Sucking up again already?"

"No I'm just stating a fact."

"Well I'm gonna get some sleep."

"Goodnight Alice I love you."

"Goodnight Blair, I love you too."

~The Next Day~

I woke up at one in the afternoon to the sound of my phone ringing.

I answered pressing it up to my ear "Hello?"

"Damn your voice is hot right now, did you just wake up?" Blair questioned

I groaned "Blair why are you calling me right now?"

"I missed you."

"You're lucky I miss you too." I whined as I sat up and adjusted to the brightness of the room

"Ben told me to tell you he says hi."

"Tell him I said hey."

"I will."

"Was there a reason you called?"

"I just needed to hear your voice."

"Why do you have to be so sweet?"

"Because I am."

"Did you just actually admit to being sweet?"

"Kind of but don't tell anyone else I said that."

"Worried about your fragile ego are you?"

"Only a bit." She giggled

"So are you at the hotel?"

"No I'm in the back room of some library in Boston."

"Sounds fun."

"I wish you were here with me."

I rolled my eyes "I would've been."

"Fair point," she hummed out "also you should go look outside."

"Why?"

"Just do it."

"I just woke up Blair."

"Pleaseeeeeeee!" She begged

"Fine." I grumbled standing up and making my way to the hall and down the stairs

I quickly made my way to the front door and opened it to find a bouquet of roses on the door mat.

"Are you teleporting flowers now or something?" I questioned leaning down to pick them up

She laughed "No of course not. I had them delivered."

I smiled slightly bringing them inside and placing them on the counter "You're really pulling out all the stops aren't you?"

"I'm trying."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a vase from the cupboard "Thank you for the flowers, I love them."

"I love you." She said as I filled the case with water from the tap

"I love you too." I smiled, taking the wrapping off the flowers

"Can I call you tonight?" She asked nervously

I placed the flowers into the vase and smiled slightly "Yes you can."

"Okay I'll talk you later then beautiful, I love you."

"I love you too."