2.22: Alice's POV

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

Blair had left almost two hours ago and still wasn't back which had my nerves on end. I mean maybe I was a little harsh on her earlier but we wouldn't even be in this situation if she hadn't kissed that girl. Its been hard enough trying to figure everything out on our own and I can't even imagine trying to fix things between us with the whole world knowing what happened.

I've already forgiven Blair for what she did but part of me isn't ready to forget it and it would be a lot harder to erase from my mind if I had to see pictures of it everywhere I went. My brain has the image burned into its memory vividly enough and I'm not interested in it being any more clear.

Suddenly the door swung open revealing a rather distraught looking Blair.

"I'm assuming it didn't go very well?" I said looking over at her as she closed the door

She shook her head "Actually in regards to the article it went perfectly."

"So they're not publishing it?" I questioned feeling like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders

She smiled "They're still publishing the article, just leaving out the pictures and club story."

"How did you get him to agree to do that?" I asked as she walked towards me

She shrugged avoiding much gaze "It's a long story."

"So tell me." I stated, my anxiety instantly returning due to her weird behavior

"Let's just say it took a lot of money, an exclusive on my next book, and a very big sacrifice on Taylor's part." She mumbled out

"What do you mean exactly?" I questioned as I sat down on the edge of the bed

She paced a bit before looking at me "Well me and Taylor met him in this weird upstairs VIP room in a bar downtown and he acted like he wasn't interested in making a deal at first. I told him to name his price and he said he wanted a hundred grand and an exclusive on my next release one month before anyone else. I told him I'd agree so long as we could give him half upfront and half after the article is published and the pictures are deleted. He agreed but then said that we'd owe him a favor which he already cashed in."

"What's the favor?" I questioned

She sat next to me on the bed looking down at her hands "Well he wants Taylor to meet his daughter this week to discuss managing her again. Basically he wants Taylor to be her manager and for her to go on tour with us which he pointed out will make him much less likely to ever use those photos against us."

"That part doesn't sound that bad, but a hundred grand are you fucking kidding me?" I said as my mind went wild with the concept that she had actually agreed to paying him so much

"It's just money and I have plenty." She shrugged before looking over at me "I just feel bad that Taylor got the worst of everything in this fucked up situation I caused." Blair grumbled out clenching her fists "Why couldn't he have asked me for the favor?"

"What's so bad about Taylor managing his daughter?"

"She used to manage her before, about a year or so ago and they didn't end on the best terms."

"How so?"

"They actually dated while working together and it was going really well until Anna cheated on Taylor."

I noticed that her voice cracked slightly as she spoke and I couldn't help but realize the irony of their situation.

"So is that why Taylor stopped managing her as well?"

Blair nodded "I mean I don't blame Taylor in the slightest, Anna slept with half the US population from the sounds of it."

"And we're gonna have to work with this bitch?" I asked looking over at her

She nodded meeting my gaze "Unfortunately yes."

"Well fuck." I groaned before falling back into the bed

~Two Days Later~

We had been crazy busy the past two days between readings, meet and greets, and getting everything settled with Mr. White. We had agreed to meet Anna today and we're currently waiting in a coffee shop for her to arrive.

"So this should be fun." Blair joked causing Taylor to glare at her

She shook her head and let out a low laugh "This is far from my definition of fun."

The ringing of the front door bell caused all of us to look over and see a young woman with dirty blonde hair approaching us. She was dressed quite casually in a white sweater and black leggings while her hair was styled into a tight bun.

"Anna." Taylor nodded to her as she joined us

Anna smiled back at her "Well hello to you too Taylor."

I swear the tension between these two was thick enough to be cut by a knife.

"Shall we begin?" Taylor questioned looking at us

"Introductions first," Anna grinned turning to Blair "it's nice to meet you Blair my father has told me a lot about you." She then turned to face me "Ah, Alice, it's nice to meet you as well. I'm so sorry to hear about what happened."

I'm gonna cut this bitch with that knife instead of the tension if she doesn't shut up.

"Thats quite enough Anna, you're not one to talk." Taylor interjected

Anna raised one eyebrow as if challenging her "I'm free to speak on any topic I wish."

"While that may be true you still did far worse to me than Blair has ever done to Alice." Taylor stated before shrugging "Besides at least Blair had the balls to apologize and actually admit that she was wrong."

"Whatever," Anna scoffed "let's just get this over with."

"Gladly." Taylor grumbled "Firstly we'll need to draw up a contract in the coming weeks."

"Of course." Anna nodded

"I also need you to actually show up for the events on time if you plan on joining us for the remainder of the tour." Taylor continued

"Consider it done." Anna stated

Taylor looked over at us before turning back to her "I will also need you to be civil with us if we're going to do this. I'm not dealing with drama all summer, especially not if it's unnecessary."

"I'll try my best," Anna stated before smirking at Taylor "on one condition."

"You're starting to act like your father but I'll entertain you, what's your condition?" Taylor asked

"You let me take you out on a date." Anna grinned

Taylor gave her a pointed look "I made the mistake of accepting that offer once before and I don't intend on making it again. This relationship is going to be strictly professional Anna."

"Fine but it would be a lot more fun my way." Anna grumbled