2.32: Alice's POV

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

What the hell Blair? You're seriously just gonna leave me stranded in the middle of a creepy ass seemingly abandoned winery where everyone seems to have vanished into thin air or something? I crossed my arms over my chest trying my best to stay calm as I waited for her to return. Suddenly I heard a faint melody playing in the background and it increased in volume with each second until the lyrics sung by a familiar voice came across the speakers.

Yeah baby you know you got my heart thumpin'

Suddenly I saw a line of my family and friends run out of a door pumping their hands in and out from their heart as they went and I can honestly say I've never been more surprised or confused in my life.

Goddam anything you ask you know I'm jumping

Everyone simultaneously jumped as they continued to form a circle around me.

You got me tied in a knot, without you I'm nothin'

Everyone stopped as I was now completely enclosed by the circle and each formed an x with their arms.

I would even behave for you that's gotta mean somethin'

Everyone suddenly dropped to their knees, their heads hanging low.

You got me layin low, can't take it slow, you gotta know, anytime you're down I'm down to go

Everyone picked up their heads and I jumped about ten feet in the air.

We can misbehave too, so what you wanna do, cuz I wanna do somethin' and it's to be making love an' sorry to your mum an' I'm honestly not the type to keep stuff in

Everyone jumped up and continued dancing to the song as they ran in the circle.

So it's been a task to keep the secret oh yeah it's been tough for us all, been bouncing off the walls, planning through whispered calls, I might need a flask but I gotta ask

The music cut completely and Blair emerged from a break in the circle between Bonnie and Callie who were both smiling like idiots.

"Alice I have never been so infatuated with anyone or anything in my entire life as I am with you." Blair said as she walked closer to me "Your smile is contagious, your laugh is a melody I want to play on loop on my head and every time I see you it nearly takes my breathe away." I could feel my palms sweating and my heart absolutely beating out of my chest at this point "I know I'm not perfect and that I'll never be perfect and that no one's perfect, but to me you're the definition of perfection and we're absolutely perfect together in every way." She paused for a moment retrieving a small black box from her pocket before getting on one knee and looking into my eyes "I can't imagine a single second more of my life going by without knowing that you'll be mine and I'll be yours forever so Alice Winters will you make me the most happy and lucky girl in the world and marry me?"

I could feel the tears streaming down my face as I looked down at the love of my life.

Everyone remained absolutely silent and her eyes were filled with fear until I yelled out "Yes!"

Cheers erupted from all around us as Blair's face lit up with an expression I have never seen before. She quickly stood and shakily slid the ring onto my finger before pulling me in for a passionate kiss that made butterflies erupt in my stomach like a weird I don't know volcano or something, forgive me if my thoughts are a bit flustered right now but I did just literally just get en-fucking-gaged!

As I pulled back I rested my hand on the back of her neck unable to look away from her captivating ocean eyes.

"I love you." I whispered out testing my forehead against hers

She pulled me closer "I love you too beautiful."

"Congratufuckinglations mother fuckers!" Mike yelled nearly tackling us in a hug

Bonnie swatted the back of his head playfully "Way to ruin the moment."

He rolled his eyes as we were surrounded by everyone congratulating us.

~Later That Night~

After being absolutely bombarded with hugs and hearing the word 'congratulations' a million times, we had all settled down and met up for dinner at a nice Italian restarting about fifteen minutes from the winery.

Clink Clink Clink

"Hello everyone, I'm Callie even though I think everyone already knows me." She paused for a moment smiling at Blair "I just wanted to congratulate my best friend in the entire world on her engagement. I mean honestly most of us were worried this day would never come and no one could've predicted it would be her statistics teacher." Blair glared at her and she put her hands up in defense "Alright alright I'll save it for the wedding, but seriously, cheers to the amazing brides to be!"

Everyone cheers and laughed amongst themselves for only a brief moment.

Clink Clink Clink

"Sorry to be a copy cat but I just absolutely must say a few words to my dear friend Alice and her fiancé Blair." Bonnie said smiling over at us "Alice you have been my bestest friend for a long time and I hardly ever question you but I must say I had some questions when you asked for my help planning a secret date for you and one of your students." Everyone burst out laughing so she paused for a minute laughing along "okay but really I love you both so much and I'm so excited to see where life takes you, cheers to the lovely couple!"

Everyone cheers for the second time and as I looked around the table I felt an unfamiliar feeling arising inside of me. I felt... absolutely and completely at peace, complete in every way as I watched the people closest to me laughing together.

Blair took my hand in hers and squeezed it tightly "What is my fiancé so deep in thought about."

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks in an instant "Just how happy she is to be engaged to someone as amazing as you."

It was now Blair's turn to blush as she leaned in and placed a sweet gentle kiss against my lips.