2.37: Blair's POV

(A/N) GUYS I can't even BELIEVE it but here we are... Alice & Blair's wedding day!!!

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

I stared at myself in the mirror and straightened my tie before buttoning up my suit coat. I had opted for a traditional black suit, well untraditional to Alice's mothers standards, but you get the gist. It was crazy to think that we would officially be married after today and that we'd be whisked away to the honeymoon which I still had no clue about since ALICE had begged to not only single handedly plan it but also keep it a complete secret. I mean at this point it could be in the arctic tundra in an igloo for all I know and honestly I wouldn't be upset because at least then we'd be completely alone to... consummate the marriage.

"You look great." Sarah beamed from behind me

I glanced up and smiled "Thank you, so do you."

Truthfully she did look amazing in her light blue dress and white heels with her makeup on point.

"Are you ready?" She questioned

I nodded "I've never been more ready for anything in my entire life."

She took my hand and we made our way out to the hall of the beach resort and then out onto the large porch overlooking the beach front where chairs and the archway had been setup. Everything looked perfect, exactly as it had been planned.

~1 Hour Later~

I linked arms with Sarah as she led me down the aisle, the smiling faces of Alice and I's friends and family smiling back at us as they stood. My heart was beating out of my chest by the time we made it to the front where our wedding party was already situated, Callie giving me a reassuring smile as I took my place next to her. I stood nervously, my right hand holding my left wrist as I waited for Alice to emerge. I hadn't seen her since yesterday and I had no clue what dress she had ended up choosing since she had insisted on keeping the tradition of not revealing it until the big day, well today.

As she turned the corner my knees went weak and my breath caught in my throat. She was wearing a very traditional white dress but with quite a low v cut that had me distracted beyond measure thinking about the honeymoon to soon follow this ceremony. She and her father walked slowly, agonizingly and painfully slower than I could stand. She met my gaze, everyone else disappearing as though we were the only two people in attendance, the only two people in the world. They stopped, her dad kissing her cheek and then letting her go as she took three strides and then took my hand in hers as she joined me at the alter. Our wedding officiant, Charles, had been amazing throughout the process of planning the ceremony despite our inability to not change the plan a half a million times and he seemed just as composed and patient now as we blatantly stared at eachother completely distracted and immersed in one another.

He cleared his throat lightly and then spoke "We are gathered here today to join these two lovely woman in matrimony. Alice have you prepared your vows?"

She nodded and smiled over at me, butterflies erupting in my stomach like it was the first day I'd met her "Blair, you were possibly the most unexpected and most amazing things to ever happen to me. Dating, let alone marrying, a student was never in the plans but I wouldn't change a thing because I know that you are who I'm meant to be with. You are my home, my rock, and soon you will be my wife and I promise to love you and cherish every single second through both the good and bad times."

I could feel a tear sliding down my cheek, every cell of my being on fire as I let out a nervous laugh "Well even as an author I'm not sure how to follow that up."

Everyone laughed, setting my nerves slightly at ease as I squeezed Alice's hand.

"Alice, you are the most caring, kind, intelligent, and beautiful woman I have ever met and I don't even know how to begin to express how sure I am that you are the person I'm meant to be with forever. I promise to love you and only you for the rest of our lives. I promise to never forget to do the little things and even sometimes be the first to apologize whether or not I'm right. I promise to do everything in my power to make sure you are the happiest woman in the planet, second to me of course because no one could ever be happier than me having you as my wife."

Charles smiled brightly at us and then calmly stated "Repeat after me, I, Alice Winters take you Blair Collins to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

Alice repeated after him, her eyes never once leaving mine, love burning within them.

He then turned to me "Blair, repeat after me, "I, Blair Collins take you Alice Winters, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part."

Without missing a beat I repeated after him, my sweaty grip tightening on her hand.

We exchanged rings, both of our smiles never once faltering as my cheeks began to sting

We held hands, my heart now a runaway train as Charles declared "By virtue of the authority vested in me under the laws of the State of Florida, I now pronounce you wife and wife, you may kiss the bride."

I leaned in, our lips connecting and my entire soul leaving my body, the familiar passionate burn of a fire igniting and scorching ever corner of the earth. We pulled away, having had multiple conversations about not making out for too long in front of our entire family and seemed to share the same look, a mixture of love and a hint of lust.

"I am honored to present for the first time Mrs. and Mrs. Winters." Charles called out as everyone burst out into applause