2.2: Alice's POV

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

We had finally settled in only days before we'd be leaving for the book tour and to be honest I was truly enjoying the pattern we'd fallen into. We've had more free time since the last boxes had been taken care of and we'd spent most of it escaping the summer heat in the pool. Since we'd be gone the rest of the summer we decided to throw a party tonight with all of our friends for the fourth at our place. I could tell by the crease in her forehead and the gray clouding her eyes that Blair was stressed as she went through the checklist for the hundredth time today. Everyone would be showing up any minute and she was determined not to forget a single detail of what she had planned.

There were four coolers in a line, the red one contained jello-shots, the blue one held the beer, the green one had wine coolers and the yellow one had water and soda. I had helped her fill each one to the brim with ice to keep everything cold in the July heat. Packages of hotdogs and hamburgers lined one side of the table. It had been covered in a red and blue table cloth and the other half was filled with fruit salad, cheese and crackers, brownies, and everything we'd need for S'mores. The new pool floaties we'd gotten over the weekend filled almost half the pool, mainly the giant unicorn that Blair had insisted we needed. She looked beautiful, concentrated on the list before her eyes met mine and brightened slightly. The yellow sun dress she had picked out for today clung to her hips slightly as she swayed them dancing to the beat of "Whats Poppin" by Jack Harlow playing through the speakers.

"Dance with me." She smirked as she reached for my hand

I rolled my eyes taking her hand "Im shit at dancing."

"Are not, besides no ones even here yet." She grinned as she turned around grinding her ass against me with her hands wrapped around my neck

"Am I early?" Callies voice rang out causing both of us to jump

The three of us broke out laughing as John came through the gate carrying a pan of something covered with tin foil.

"What's so funny?" He asked, a smile on his face as he set the pan next to the brownies

Callie smiled over at him "These two were practically dry humping when I walked in."

"Hey we thought we were alone!" Blair said playfully hitting Callie's shoulder

"Don't tell me they're fighting already." Suzie laughed as she walked in holding hands with Ally

We all stopped, staring at them speechless thinking the same thing but too scared to say it aloud.

Ally raised one eyebrow at us tracing our stares to their connected hands before looking back at us "Yes we're dating, no need to stare everyone."

"You're dating?" Mike questioned as he came in next with a red bandana around his head pulling his hair back

Suzie looked back at him and then at us "We started dating a few days ago we were just keeping it a secret at first so we could see how things went."

"Now she can't be away from me for more than five seconds." Ally smirked with a slight blush

"Hey everyone!" Bonnie smiled as she walked in holding two bottles of wine

I smiled instantly upon seeing my bestfriend "Hey Bonnie! You can throw the wine in the green cooler if you want."

"Speaking of wine, I'm gonna need a drink." Mike grinned as he went over and pulled a beer out of the blue cooler

He started up a conversation with Bonnie as she put the bottles into the cooler but they were too far to make out what they were saying.

"Congrats though you two, I'm so happy for you guys." Blair smiled pulling Suzie and Ally into a tight hug

"Thank you." They grinned in return

I smiled over at them "At some point I hope you two know you're gonna have to tell us how you got together."

"I definetely will." Suzie smiled kissing Ally's cheek causing her face to go red

We all grabbed drinks and John started up the grill and began cooking the hotdogs and hamburgers while we talked. Everyone slowly started showing up and by the time the food was done Ally and Suzie had already jumped in the pool.

"Foods ready!" John yelled causing Blair's eyes to go wide in excitement

Everyone grabbed a plate and I talked with Sarah for awhile while Blair caught up with Callie.

"How has she been?" Sarah asked lowly as Blair and Callie went to grab more food

I smiled slightly in return "She been doing really good, she seems happy."

Sarah nodded not seeming convinced "I still blame myself, I wish I could go back and change things."

"It's not your fault Sarah and I know for a fact Blair would tell you the exact same thing. I know it was hard on both of you but I really do believe that she's finally getting back to herself fully. I'm a little worried for the tour though in all honesty." I stated, letting the words tumble from my mouth freely

She gave me a sympathetic look "What's worrying you?"

"I don't know, we've just been so happy here and we just got settled. I mean it's just gonna change everything, we're going from having a top secret relationship to telling quite literally the whole world in only a few months." I explained before taking a small sip of wine "In the grand scheme of things I guess I'm just being ridiculous but I can't help but get this feeling in the pit of my stomach every time I think about it."

She looked like she wanted to say something but before she could Blair had returned and sat on my lap holding two Jell-O shots in her hand "Shot for shot?"

She looked adorable, a small smirk filling her face as I took one and we both tried to get the jello out of the tiny cup.

"Mmm," she hummed before whispering "you sure do know how to use your tongue."

I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks as I set the empty cup on the table whispering back "Just wait until later and I'll show you exactly how good I am with my tongue."

"You two are too fucking cute." Callie gushed as she sat next to us

Sarah smiled over at us "You two really are so good together."

I met Blair's loving gaze and couldn't help but pull in her in for a short sweet kiss that left me craving more as always.

"Get a room." Callie laughed jokingly

Blair rolled her eyes "How about I get some more Jell-O shots instead?"

We all laughed and Blair kissed my cheek before grabbing a whole bagful of the colorful shots and throwing them on the table.

"Everyone grab one!" She yelled gaining everyone's attention

Everyone came over and once we each had a shot in hand Blair raised hers up with a small smile "I just wanted to thank everyone for coming today so that we could al get together one last time before we leave for the tour. I'm going to miss you all so much and I can't imagine life without you all." She paused meeting my gaze for a second before looking up again "Now let's have some fun and get wasted!"

Everyone cheered and downed the shots in a frenzy before Blair smirked at me and took off full speed doing a front flip into the pool.

God I love this woman more with each second.