2.18: Alice's POV

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

Once we had finished breakfast and gotten dressed for the day we had decided to lay out on the back deck for awhile before heading back home to pack my stuff up for the tour. It was relaxing out here, with the wind whistling by and the waves crashing against the dock every couple of seconds.

"I think we should move here." Blair mumbled from the chair beside me

I giggled slightly at her timing and looked over at her "Sometimes I swear you can read my mind."

"So let's move here then." She grinned, her eyes still screwed tightly shut

I rolled my eyes at her carefree nature "We can't just move."

She shrugged "I mean we could but I do love our house so I don't think I'd actually want to."

"Agreed." I smiled admiring the cute look on her face

"Also," Blair started off as she sat up to face me " we should get going if we're gonna make it to lunch on time."

"Lunch?" I questioned giving her a curious look "I thought we needed to go back."

"Don't worry your stuff is already packed." She shrugged before standing up and extending a hand out to me "Ready to go?"

I nodded taking her hand before standing "Yeah but where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." She grinned

I rolled my eyes "How many surprises are there?"

"Maybe just a couple." She smirked before leading me back inside

It only took about twenty minutes to get everything packed up and into the car. Blair had insisted on driving since what she had planned was still "a surprise" and she wasn't giving any hints. We drove for awhile back in the direction of the house before Blair parked outside a place called The Sunny Side Up Diner.

"Ready to eat?" She grinned over at me

I nodded smiling back "Definitely."

We both got out of the car and made our way inside where a young woman in an apron was waiting to seat us.

"Good afternoon ladies, just the two of you today?" She asked looking between the two of us

"Actually there should be six others waiting for us," Blair said as she looked around "there they are."

She pointed to the table in the corner and instantly recognized everyone.

"Ah, well you two go take your seats and someone will be right over to take your orders." The girl smiled

Blair took my hand in hers, lacing our fingers together as we walked over to the table.

"There you two are, I thought you'd never arrive!" Mike yelled smiling over at us

I met Bonnies gaze and I could tell she was still skeptical of my decision to stay with Blair. I can't say I blame her, I'd just about fight a bitch if they cheated on my best friend.

"Hey guys." I grinned as we took our seats in the booth

Callie was continuously glaring at Blair and had yet to so much as blink. I'm really starting to wonder if this whole group meet up surprise was the best idea.

"So Blair," Callie started off, her voice rather low "meet any hot girls on tour?"

I could feel Blair's grip tighten around my hand under the table in an instant "No I haven't but thank you for asking Callie."

"I thought there was at least one." Bonnie grumbled

I take it back, this was definitely not a good idea.

Mike and John looked between each other while Ally and Suzie awkwardly stared at the tabletop.

I took a deep breathe before speaking up "Alright guys, I think Blair has tortured herself enough since everything happened. Do you guys really think I'd be with her right now if we hadn't talked things out? I mean seriously guys how exactly is the third degree gonna help anything?"

Everyone fell quiet for a second before Blair sighed "No they're right Alice and they have every right to be pissed at me. I made the biggest mistake of my life and I hurt you in the process." She around at everyone "Trust me I know exactly how awful I was that night and I regret it every day. I don't deserve the forgiveness that Alice has given me but I will never take her for granted again. I love her more than anything and I'm trying my best to earn her trust back."

Everyone nodded seemingly taking in everything until Callie spoke up "You better never put her through that shit again Blair, best friends or not I'll kick your ass."

"And I'll help." Bonnie added looking down at the table

"I will never do anything to hurt her like that ever again." Blair nodded, squeezing my hand in reassurance

"Alright then," Bonnie smiled looking over at us "let's enjoy our lunch then."

"Agreed!" Mike grinned

The rest of lunch went much better and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. The food was absolutely delicious and I was stuffed by the time we all left.

Bonnie pulled me aside in the parking lot and whispered to me "How are things going? I mean really?"

"It's going really good." I responded with a smile as I thought on the past twenty four hours with Blair

Bonnie nodded still seeming skeptical "I just don't want to see you get hurt again."

"I won't Bonnie." I replied looking around to make sure no one was close enough to hear "Trust me it broke me when I saw her kissing that girl. It absolutely destroyed me when she acted like she had done nothing wrong but as soon as she realized how badly she had fucked up she tried everything she could to fix things. She gave me time, she gave me space, and when I was ready she came to see me. We talked about everything as hard as it was to talk about and we both came to the conclusion that we can't be without each other. I love her too much not to at least give her a second chance."

"I definitely understand what you're saying, I just hope you know what you're doing." Bonnie smiled nervously

"Me too." I nodded in return, feeling my chest tighten at the thought that I was making a huge mistake letting her come back into my life so quickly