2.10: Alice's POV

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @MorganGiglioBooks OR JOIN OUR DISCORD SERVER (LINK IN BIO) FOR EXCLUSIVE CONTENT AND UPDATES!

***

I woke up on couch and felt my head throbbing as I tried to process the events of last night. I slowly sat up and held my head in my hands. Blair cheated on me last night with that dumb bitch at the club. I shook my head trying to clear the image from my mind and stood up going over to the mini fridge and retrieving two bottles of water. I went over to the bed and saw Blair passed out on top of the covers with her sparkly gold party dress still clinging to her. I threw the bottle of water at her and she groaned rolling over to face me.

Her eyes brightened as soon as she saw me "Good morning baby."

I scowled at her "Don't call me that."

Her brows tightened into a line as she sat up and stared at me "Did I miss something?"

I snorted shaking my head in disbelief  "You seriously don't remember last night?"

"I mean part of it but after we danced with Ben is all kind of a blur." She said, her voice low and husky from still being half asleep "Did something happen?"

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I groaned turning around and holding my head in my hands

"Baby what's wrong?" She asked standing up and placing her hand on my shoulder

I turned around taking a step back as I glared her down "You cheated on me Blair."

Her face went pale, her mouth forming into an "o" shape.

"No, fuck." She stuttered out sitting down on the bed and looking at the floor "I'm so fucking stupid, fuck."

"Yeah." I mumbled out crossing my arms over my chest

She looked up, her eyes watery "Baby I know that I fucked up but you have to know that I love you so much. I am so fucking sorry and if I could take it back I would."

"I'm leaving today." I stated unable to meet her gaze

I could hear her sobbing now "No, baby please don't do this. Please just let me fix this. I'll do anything Alice just please, I can't, please, please don't..."

Her breathing was now gasps one after another and I looked up seeing her eyes distant. Her hands were shaking and her face white.

"Blair breathe." I stated noticing that she seemed to not even hear me "Blair, hey it's okay, just breathe."

I got down next to her and placed my hand on her knee noticing her gaze stayed fixed on the wall. Her gasps were only getting louder as I pulled her into a tight hug.

"Blair please breathe." I whispered in her ear

I heard her breathing in and out slowly as we sat there for awhile in silence. I laid back on the bed with her after awhile, holding her tightly as her breathing returned to normal.

"I'm sorry." She whispered into my ear

"I know." I nodded letting a single tear escape and fall down my cheek

She sat up and I released her from my hold.

I stood up putting my hands in my pockets "Blair trust me I really want to forgive you and just let it go but I can't. The way you treated me last night was, it was just, I don't even know how to put it into words. You were like a different person."

She nodded keeping her gaze on the floor "I can't even begin to make up for last night but please Alice, just let me try to fix this. I love you more than anything in the world and I can't lose you."

"I need time." I stated crossing my arms "I just need to go home and think everything over."

"How can we fix things if we're hundreds of miles apart?" She asked finally meeting my gaze

Her eyes were lighter than I'd ever seen them and slightly puffy from crying. I wanted to pull her into a hug and tell her I would stay. I wanted to erase the memory of last night from my mind and just move on but I couldn't.

"I don't know, but I can't be with you right now Blair. We need time apart to figure everything out." I stated causing her to slowly nod

"Are you moving out?" She questioned, her voice cracking

I shook my head "No I'm not."

"I'll come with you." Blair said looking up at me

"No Blair," I stated firmly "I need to just clear my head and be alone for awhile."

"Okay." She nodded

~The Next Day~

Blair had helped me pack my things and had let me go alone with Ben to the airport. The flight gave me a lot of time to think and reflect on the events of my short lived trip with Blair. The one thing I couldn't stop replaying in my mind was the passion of that kiss. I mean she wasn't even trying to push Riley away, she was so absorbed she didn't even notice me.

After getting off my flight I had taken a cab home and had left my suitcase in the kitchen. I hadn't slept more than an hour last night. I tossed and turned, my mind still reeling over everything. I had gotten up around seven and made my way to Walmart to get some groceries since the cupboards and fridge were empty.

I was grabbing a gallon of milk when a familiar voice made me jump "Hey Alice!"

I dropped the jug causing it to break open and splash across the aisle.

"Shit." I mumbled to myself

I looked up and saw Callie looking at me wide eyed "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay." I nodded

An associate passing the aisle stopped looking over at us "Don't worry, I'll get this cleaned up, just grab another gallon."

I smiled at the young boy "Thank you."

I grabbed another gallon and placed it into the cart before escaping the aisle with Callie following close behind me.

"I thought you guys were supposed to be on the tour." Callie stated looking over at me

I nodded rolling my eyes and fighting back tears "We were but I came back early."

"Without Blair?" She questioned as I put a bag of lays chips into the cart

I stopped dead in my tracks at her name and felt tears streaming down my cheeks. Callie pulled me into a tight hug and I sobbed into her shoulder in the middle of the aisle as other customers passed us.

"What happened Alice?" She whispered

I shook my head and wiped my eyes as I pulled back "I'd rather not talk about this with you right now."

She smiled slightly "That's okay Alice, let's just get the rest of your groceries and we can talk about it later."

I nodded and smiled at her "Thank you Callie."