January 24th

Dear Sophia,

I love you. I don’t know what else I can do to make that clear to you. I know it doesn’t always come out right but everything I do is to show you how much I love you. Of course I’ll make mistakes sometimes. Everyone does. I’m only human. That doesn’t mean I don’t deserve to be loved.

I feel terrible. I already did when I woke up. My nose was all blocked and I could feel I had sweat dripping into my eyes. That didn’t matter though. I knew I was going to see you.

Being sick isn’t an excuse to not make it. I was sick and I made it.

I’m not questioning you. Of course I’m not. I just mean you can’t possibly be ill because that wouldn’t have kept you from me. I made it and I was ill so I know you would have too. I waited all day just in case. Getting up made me feel a bit dizzy so I just stayed sat in my chair watching the door.

I wanted lots of water but every time I got up my head started going and I had to sit back down. I couldn’t really work out whether I was worried or not I was just trying to pay attention to the door. A couple of times I must have drifted off and missed whoever came in. I could tell there were more people in the queue. I was really struggling to concentrate. I couldn’t see you anywhere.

I don’t know what I’d do without you Sophia.

When I got in I kept checking the calendar over and over. Your name is written under today. I am meant to see you. It’s definitely today. Thursday. It says it right in front of me. Sophia. Sophia. It says it yesterday and it says it today. I saw you yesterday and I was meant to see you today. I don’t understand why I didn’t get to see you. You know how upsetting it is for me when you’re not there. You wouldn’t do that to me again. I know you wouldn’t.

I can’t pretend I’m not worried like everyone else does. I can’t just play around on a phone and forget that whoever I’m meant to meet isn’t there. I can’t distract myself. I don’t care what I look like if you’re not around. I need to know what’s happened to you. I can’t relax unless I know you’re ok.

I love you.

Yours,

Andrew